Anyone else played Wario Land II on the Super Game Boy?

Boris Carloft's Car Loft

strange chameleon man 3000
One of my hobbies is collecting video game consoles, accesories for systems, games and the like. So I, of course, own a Super Game Boy (an add on for the SNES) along with Wario Land II. I've played through Wario Land II 100% on the SGB and thought it actually did feel a tad bit different than playing it on the GBC.

First are the borders that change with every stage to fit the theme. I thought that, even though it was a small touch, gave the level's a nice extra bit of personality.

Then there are the controls, which feel a little better on the SNES, in my opinion--Wario Land II feels and plays very nicely as a home console experience.

Also, since I still haven't collected the DX version of Wario Land II, the game was a little less colorful than it was on the Game Boy Color. Everything was either green, brownish red or black and white which was more of a downgrade than anything.

So, have you played Wario Land II on the Super Game Boy? Did you enjoy it? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Nope, I only own a GBC and a GBA handheld-wise. But because my Wario Land II copy unfortunately doesn't work any more (it may be a bootleg, it's a little hard to check with Gameboy games) I might want to buy the gameboy Color version, because well, Wario Land II is my favourite of the series and I haven't been able to really play it in a long while.

Back