Anyone feel old now (Wario related)?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Wario Land Super Mario Land 3 debuted in 1994.

The series has somehow lasted 22 whole years. That's pretty impressive when you think about it. I mean, five more years and you've got The Simpsons. Friends debuted in the same year as Wario Land 1 did. And it's technically two years older than Pokemon and Resident Evil.

Makes me both feel slightly older (I was a kid when this was series was new!) and also slightly more confident (we've gotten games for more than 20 years, they're gonna return to it some day).

But yeah, anyone else feel like this?

Remember getting wl4 years ago in 2001 when it debuted it was such a fun experience, playing ruby and emerald passages the most. Even some of wario's other games are quite old as well like wl4 it's 15 years old already. RE now that's a game hah, really liked the earlier games it was more about conserving your ammo for when you really need it. Silent Hill and Clock Tower were two other survival horror games that appeared around the same time as Resident Evil. Would say it does make me feel a bit old but hey that's all apart of life, I'm thankful games have survived this long.

The GBA was the game system I grew up with, and Wario Land 4 was (and still is) my favorite GBA game, so yeah.
Whenever I play WL 4, I feel like 4 years old. :)
But strangely, I don't get this feeling when I play WL 1. Probably because that game is from before my birth.

The GBA was the game system I grew up with, and Wario Land 4 was (and still is) my favorite GBA game, so yeah.
Whenever I play WL 4, I feel like 4 years old.

Get the same feeling here, WL4 is probably one of the first GBA games I've owned myself, have been playing it for over a decade by now it really never gets old no matter how much time you've spent on it.

I don't remember when I got Wario Land 2 I think it would've been close to release day, I never did own the first game for the longest time. I remember the countless hours playing WL2 and WL3 on my old purple see-through gameboy color under a lamp though. I'm 26 now, the times sure have gone by.

EDIT: My old WL2 cart no longer gets pass the title screen as it auto-resets. I have no idea what might of happen to it but I have a feeling it took water damage or it's battery related. WL3 still works just fine but it's sensitive now, the slightest bump and it freezes the game.

Reactions: 607
I don't feel old at all! I'll start feeling old when I'm 80 y.o.!
15 year of WL4 is nothing! It's still fresh!

The thing is, technology is advancing so fast that things get old faster. But they shouldn't!

Surprised that WarioWare Touched is a decade old, hopefully we can keep the good times rolling since most of wario's games are over a decade. wario world and even microminigames both came out in 2003 and it's 2016 right now.

Nah, not really, as I only borrowed my first Wario game from Haiko in like... 2006-2008, I'd guess? I don't actually have dates from things happening that long ago, so I wouldn't really know for sure. But definitely not as long ago as some of you.

Back