[Poll] Are you Nintendo-Only Player or do you play with other consoles too?

With what do you play?

• Various Consoles and PCs

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Only Nintendo

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Various but Nintendo is my favourite

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Various but XBox is my favourite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Various but PC Games are my favourites

• Various but Playstation is my favourite

• Various but Sega is my favourite

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Various but Dreamcast is my favourite

• Total voters
Various, it just so happens that most of the stuff that intrigues me is Nintendo. There are other gaming franchises not associated with Nintendo, such as Max Payne, Metal Gear, Jumping Flash, and Tales of Berseria, that I'm definitely a fan of. But yes, the majority of the games I play are either created by Nintendo themselves or are very close to Nintendo (Shantae).

Last edited:
I dont feel like I can vote in the poll, cuz none of the options reflect me. I dont play Nintendo exclusively, but I also dont play PC : p

But I like to think that I enjoy all consoles. I mean, the most recent consoles we currently have are Wii and Xbox 360, and I almost just play like 5th-6th gen games (though I do play alot on the Wii too). But I like any console, I think. Though I dont buy much for Playstation, for various reasons. I can say that I have a harder time feeling excited with those consoles over the others. That being said, I DO like it : p

Nintendo is my favorite, though. But I feel alone in this, as I dont like Nintendo consoles JUST for games made by Nintendo. I havent found many who feel the same way with me on that : p Not that I hate Nintendo games, I love them too. But I like the consoles for more than just that. I like the consoles themselves, I like the designs they use the most for their consoles, I for real think Nintendo is the best when it comes to controller design (yes I even liked the Wiimote), and I like the kind of games 3rd party developers have made for Nintendo consoles, I think theres a big difference for games made by 3rd party companies on like the Xbox consoles over the Nintendo consoles.
But of course, when you tell someone "I like Nintendo consoles" people think you just play Mario all day : p

Growing up I liked Sega, but I got a N64 and I became like Nintendo exclusive, and even sorta N64 exclusive, and looked down on everything else : p I was excited the first time I saw the Gamecube though. A friend of my brother had one and brought it over with Smash Bros Melee, and I really wanted one : p It wasnt until I got older, and became friends with someone who owned a PS2 that I became interested in others, haha.

I dont feel like I can vote in the poll, cuz none of the options reflect me. I dont play Nintendo exclusively, but I also dont play PC : p

Nintendo is my favorite, though. But I feel alone in this, as I dont like Nintendo consoles JUST for games made by Nintendo. I havent found many who feel the same way with me on that : p Not that I hate Nintendo games, I love them too. But I like the consoles for more than just that. I like the consoles themselves, I like the designs they use the most for their consoles, I for real think Nintendo is the best when it comes to controller design (yes I even liked the Wiimote), and I like the kind of games 3rd party developers have made for Nintendo consoles, I think theres a big difference for games made by 3rd party companies on like the Xbox consoles over the Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo well on it's earlier consoles have had amazing 3rd party games. Ranging from Bomberman to even MGS the twin snakes and RE2 and 4. They definitely put out great games over the course of their legacy since the NES and with the SNES with Chrono Trigger one of the more influential of JRPGS it even had amazing puzzle games like Puzzle Bobble. Honestly feel like most people who know about " Nintendo " only really associate them with their 1st party games such as Mario and Kirby which isn't bad but it doesn't give people a diverse look into Nintendo console's having more than just Mario, Zelda, Kirby etc definitely feel the same.

When Sony announced their Playstation that's probably where 3rd party madness came from since a lot of developers mostly rpg developers disliked the way Nintendo stuck with cartridges so you had a bunch of rpgs flocking to the PS1 as well as having some of their more known stuff and a plethora of game genres even stuff like platforming they i.e. Spyro. Don't play PC games either aside from Diablo 1 and 2 the only experience I have with PC gaming is that.

Nintendo well on it's earlier consoles have had amazing 3rd party games. Ranging from Bomberman to even MGS the twin snakes and RE2 and 4. They definitely put out great games over the course of their legacy since the NES and with the SNES with Chrono Trigger one of the more influential of JRPGS it even had amazing puzzle games like Puzzle Bobble. Honestly feel like most people who know about " Nintendo " only really associate them with their 1st party games such as Mario and Kirby which isn't bad but it doesn't give people a diverse look into Nintendo console's having more than just Mario, Zelda, Kirby etc definitely feel the same.

When Sony announced their Playstation that's probably where 3rd party madness came from since a lot of developers mostly rpg developers disliked the way Nintendo stuck with cartridges so you had a bunch of rpgs flocking to the PS1 as well as having some of their more known stuff and a plethora of game genres even stuff like platforming they i.e. Spyro. Don't play PC games either aside from Diablo 1 and 2 the only experience I have with PC gaming is that.

I think Nintendo still got really cool 3rd party games even after Playstation, with the N64 and their need ot 3rd party support, I think they got some really unique games : p I like the games by Rare and Acclaim for N64, and like Rockstar before it was Rockstar came out with Body Harvest, which is a really good N64 game : p

I like having as wide of range as possible. I like Nintendo's games, to be sure, but if I had stuck to Nintendo and only Nintendo, I'd have missed out on a lot of games like the Sly Cooper games and a whole bunch of others that are fantastic in their own right that aren't on Nintendo.

Not to say Nintendo doesn't have a great library of games, because they do, and people should play them! But that's not to say the competition isn't worth looking into, either, and I think you should, because they can offer games that, if not necessarily better than what Nintendo puts out, then at least just as good.

Heck, even if you look into third-party games, it never hurts to have more than one. It might be slight differences between versions, or it could just be that the developers knew one console better than the other. Or, if all else fails, you can't find a copy of that onw game on one console, but can easily find it on another.

So it never hurts to have a wide range.

Not counting PC (cuz seriously, who doesn't play PC games?) the only non-Nintendo console I've ever owned is a used PS3, only so I could play Katamari Forever. I'm just not interested in the other games.
That's why I say #BRINGKATAMARITOSWITCH

Reactions: 607
I've always played a mix of consoles. I have quite a significant backlog of games, so I still tend to jump between either Nintendo, Playstation, or PC. However, after the PS3 I kinda fell out of love with the big hollywood style games of the AAA industry, so I pretty much limit myself to Nintendo and anything unique on the PC for new releases. In saying that, I don't have a Switch or even a Wii U. My backlog means that I simply don't need these consoles just yet. I quite enjoy not being up to date to be honest. It's good for the wallet and I have a bigger selection of choices (playing Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe at the moment, for example).

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I play mostly Nintendo, though I own a PS2 and PS4 to play a handful of games that I like such as Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, The last Guardian, Destroy all Humans, etc.

I went through a phase where I enjoyed playing PC games, and even bought a gaming computer (a colossal waste of money in retrospect). I'm a huge fan of the Portal games. Once in a while I'll play Runescape too, lol.

Back