Ashley for Smash Bros support thread.

ThAshleyChannel

That one person
Ashley for Smash Bros: Ultimate

Let's get into the reason why I think Ashley has good odds at becoming a fighter! I'll go into more detail now. So, in 2015, Smash 4 released; this is where Ashley's popularity grew a lot. Ever since this game Ashley has appeared time and time again, via 3ds themes which sold pretty well in Japan, she had three of them,

She has also been in games such as Mario Maker, being chosen instead of the other WarioWare characters, hell, 9-volt had sprites for Mario Bros in WarioWare, but still left out in favor of Ashley. Now in Smash brothers, she has been treated very well. Let me list a few things.

-Assist trophy: This to me is just one step closer to becoming a playable character in most cases, not for Waluigi though. Her model could easily be reworked and changed into a fully playable fighter.

-Songs: Ashley's song alone has given her a lot of recognition among Smash gamers. She is the only character to have multiple versions of her song as far as I'm aware. Even in Japan, she got her own updated song in the form of Ashley's song VER 2 These songs hit one million views on Youtube too, which is most than any Wario character song.

-Mii outfits: I've got a good gut feeling Ashley's Mii outfit is a result of the ballot, I could be wrong but still, Ashley made it as both AT and outfit for the Mii's.

And lastly, Nintendo's big push for Ashley. It's no secret Japan just adores Ashley, which is why she's highly possible. She's in numerous lists for newcomers in Japan. The Badge Arcade, we all know at this point at how she was basically the mascot for it. We'd get at least a few Ashley badges monthly. If it wasn't popular Nintendo wouldn't have kept making them, but they did.
She even has her own two comics from the result of her 3ds theme and badge appearances. Hell, Nintendo even teased us on April Fools day promoting Ashley's new standalone game, Crazy Galaxy; they know we'd have wanted that.

This E3 deconfirmed wanted newcomers such as Waluigi, Lyn, Bomberman, etc; but why leave out Ashley? It's easy to tell somebody "She just isn't in this build.", however, they fail to understand that Ashley is highly requested, so why not deconfirm her now if she's wanted. You can say the same about the other newcomers but with Wario confirmed they would have shown Ashley, right?

And you may say the WW assists aren't ready, but do you know how many red flags would be set if Kat and Ana showed but not Ashley?

Her odds are decently good as of right now

I've been waiting for five years for Ashley to become a playable character. I would not like to wait another 8. I ain't getting younger. I am extremely hopeful for Ashley's inclusion in the upcoming game Smash Bros Ultimate. She has been my top pick since I ever wanted characters in Smash Bros. Her chances are decently high to become playable. With an upcoming WarioWare game and a rumored WarioWare Switch; Ashley is still relevant.

Not just the Arcade, but Nintendo themselves have kept Ashley relevant through the years WarioWare has been absent. WarioWare Gold has been rumored to start development in 2015, perhaps around the time Ashley has been kept relevant and Smash 5 started. While I'm not saying she's a sure shoe-in I'm pretty sure she still has a chance to become a playable character.

If we look at polls, Ashley is the top choice for a female newcomer in Japan.

I really just wanted to share what I thought, and I'm prepared for it to all come crash down on me, but there's no wrong with holding hope.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, like I said in the other thread, I'm actually pretty confident that Ashley's going to make it, oddly enough. I can't imagine that she'd get precedence over other characters on the base roster, but DLC is a strong possibility, especially since we'll likely get loads of post-release downloadable stuff this time around. She has a peculiarly large subset of devoted supporters, and it's possible that Ko Takeuchi is pushing for her as well over at Nintendo HQ... Why else wouldn't her Assist Trophy be shown off in some fashion?

I'm always happy with more WarioWare representation in Smash. It's just too bad it couldn't have been a different character who captures the zany spirit of the games.

What? That's impossible. Revealing everything now would be extremely bad for business. They need more characters to keep the "hype" rolling over the next 5 months until release. We're absolutely getting at least 5-10 newcomers in the base game -- I know Sakurai and his team are capable.

And are you just going to write off the inevitable DLC?

I'm very doubtful. Samurai has already said there won't be many new characters, I think we've already seen them all tbh.

Smash Bros Ultimate is merely 5 characters away from 70, so why not go for it? Also, Smash Bros official website says 66 fighters, when it only shows 65. Ridley being the 65th slot. So no, we haven't at all seen all the fighters.

Not saying its Ashley, but I am saying we haven't seen all of them.

Edit : He said don't expect as many newcomers, like, Smash 4's 20+, I'm thinking less than 10. And Ashley is highly requested overseas, not to mention the most requested female fighter in Japan. I can see the west getting Ridley, and Japan getting Ashley as this game feels pretty fanservicey

Last edited:
Back