Bam! Pow! Wham! The Comic Book Thread

Recently there has been another small comic I've been interested in and looked upon called " The winter men ". It's a small comic by Wildstorm Productions and it basically narrates the life of a police officer named Kalenov, we quickly learn that after the Cold War or during it Russia also had their fair share of super powered beings which were thought up as a myth in this modern time.

Good site in case anyone wants to read this or any other comic.
http://readcomiconline.to/

Narrates the life of a few soldiers who we later find out were something of the myths of these old super heroes or soldiers we were talked about in the first issue. Some of these 5 individuals including Kalenov(I guess our main guy who has a lot of screentime) needing to find a way to conceal what they are whilst living their own lives.

wintermen-bottom.jpg
tumblr_mdywpaa7rA1ra2o0b.jpg

Kalenov tries to help and secure a girl from harmful expirements persay, he moves her from place to place helping as best as he can after all regardless he is still human.

1489078279043.jpg

1489078350778.jpg

Say! Never seen this thread before now. Why isn't it more popular? Not many people seem to know it exists, I guess.
Anyway, here's four of my all-time favourites from childhood....
FOOTROT-FLATS-21-MURRAY-BALL-1st-Edition.jpg

139h.jpg

The_Adventures_of_Tintin_-_22_-_Flight_714.jpg

1148575.jpg

Last edited:
Say! Never seen this thread before now. Why isn't it more popular? Not many people seem to know it exists, I guess.
Anyway, here's four of my all-time favourites from childhood....

FOOTROT-FLATS-21-MURRAY-BALL-1st-Edition.jpg

139h.jpg

The_Adventures_of_Tintin_-_22_-_Flight_714.jpg

1148575.jpg

We don't really have much comic enthusiasts sadly, would come back to this thread now and again to just ponder my thoughts if anyone had anything else to say regarding this topic. I remember the Tin-Tin comics, I think that him going on various adventures with milo and the captain is definitely adorable as well as one of the more significant comics of our time. He seems to be an icon, one of my favorite adventures of him was him going to the Congo.

Aside from super heroes, comics do have a range of things they can share with us even newspaper comics are kind of funny if not just have nice designs for their characters.

05-13-11-shermans-lagoon.png

Lately been getting into comics especially since there's a mangaka who really likes them named Horikoshi and his series contains a bunch of Golden Age hero related stuff. Even video games have comic related inspiration with Destroyman in NMH.

Will say that villains or looking at a villains life can be rather interesting from a grey area perspective that you'd really hold dear if you'd be reading from a heroes' view.
The art for some of these comics are just as incredible too.

avengers-163-nm-champion-appearance-george-perez-cover-george-tuska-art0.JPG

Judge Fear is a tortured soul.

1506879423116.jpg

1506879500617.jpg

1506879574160.jpg

1506879655519.jpg

Here's a lil happy judge to make things all better.
1506813301871.png

Back