[Poll] Day or night?

Do you prefer the day or the night

• Total voters

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
Am gonna totally make another random poll thread : p

I think most people generally say they like night better, and Ive always thought it was weird. Like, I dunno if they really actually like the night time better, or if they say it because it seems like the "deep" and "unique" option. I do hear people sometimes talk about the night and why its so great, though. Dunno.

But anywho, I actually really strongly prefer the day time : p I spend alot of time in the dark, I walk to work at night weekly, its nothing thats unknown to me : p And I generally dont enjoy being in the dark. Like, there are a few things that I love about the night, especially in the summer. I love how the heat drops down a bit, and we get a cool breeze. I love how everything quiets down, and being in a city, I love all the lights during the night.

But at the same time it can kinda feel lonely, and even dangerous. And I also do not enjoy not being able to see what around me : p I can feel uncomfortable in the dark sometimes.

I love the day time though, especially morning. I love it when the sun starts to rise, casting a golden light over everything. Its definitely my favorite time of day.

What about you?

I Just prefer the night simply because it means people won't pester me to "go outside" or "get some sunshine." :SRolleyes:

I actually find it funny that this is a problem in your life : p

I enjoy being out in the sun, though. Not like all the time : p But I like getting time outside when its warm.

Youre probly not awake at this time, but if you ever can, totally go on a walk when the sun is rising. Its way awesome : 3

A walk during sunset is almost as nice, though : p

I voted day, but actually during like the mid-summer, I can actually get tired of the day time : p Like afternoons in the summer are really long, and of course its hot the entire time the sun is out, so like summer is usually the time I really appreciate the night time : p

Definitely night. Definitely.
First off, I don't like the warmth. I prefer coolness. I'd prefer -5°C above 30°C, even d:p My favourite temperature is 10-15°C, and in Summer, it stays that at night, I believe.
Also, I really like the quietness. You can actually hear yourself and hear the environment much better at night, as there's much less static from kids playing, radios, cars, et cetera.
For some reason, night also makes me feel awake. Yeah, seems weird, right? But on a long day, I get really tired. And then, when it's dark outside, and I go out again. I get a sudden burst of energy and feel great again.
It also gives a sort of peace.
And lastly, for some reason, it's really... um, there isn't a word for that in English... fun/nice/cosy (yeah, we have a great word for all that in one in Dutch) When I'm outside at night with friends (which unfortunately happens very rarely, but I guess that makes it more special too), I feel more of a bond between me and my friends, and I can talk, laugh and have fun for hours.
It can also be really romantic, but... I got to admit I don't really have experience with romance d:rolleyes:

So yeah, conclusion: I love the night, it makes me feel alive and makes social interaction easier and better!

You just wrote literally everything that I like about the night. d;)
Normally, I sleep at night as most people do, but when it's so hot in summer I cannot sleep, I go outside for a while. And that feeling... It's so wonderful, even surreal at times.

I am clearly not the only one.

I like both but I prefer the night.

Very little makes me happier first thing in the morning than to see the sun shining bright and early near sunset. I enjoy well lit places and where I live it's almost the perfect dream of near year round cloud free weather, so that's nice.

I prefer the night because I've always been predisposed to working better at night, particularly around 11pm-1am. I love how quiet it gets because everyone is asleep. You can create beautiful ambient lights in living spaces depending on where you are and what you have. You don't have people bothering you when you want to get work done. You also have the chance to see the moon and stars or lit cityscape in the distance, depending on where you are. Also the last thing is my favorite thing ever

The only downside is that not many places are open at all overnight. It's a worthy compromise though.

I actually slept in like crazy today, and I ended up feeling lazy and terrible and really regretted it : p

Before I worked retail, I never planned on being someone who was a morning person. But now that Im used to waking up early in the morning, I wouldnt change it : p

Back