[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Guys! I made a complete custom intro whith new graphics, text and everything! Check it out, in my drive folder there's a subfolder called "New complete intro".
Tell me what you think!

Reactions: 607
Guys! I made a complete custom intro whith new graphics, text and everything! Check it out, in my drive folder there's a subfolder called "New complete intro".
Tell me what you think!
The edits from before wario enters the music box still seem pretty rudimentary, but I quite like what you did with the old man. At least it convinces me that we shouldn't stick with the hidden figure. I guess at the end we can say it was rudy in disguise all along? Or be attacked by a giant old man for the final boss... :p

Haiko, your puzzles are to hard for being the very first treasure of the game

EDIT:
I explain my reasons in the comments of the video
kay, I'll change my stage layout like so that it's the red treasure, and add the gray one elsewhere.

Anyway, someone posted on our romhacking thread, but I think I'll let the answering up to you guys.

Tell me what you think!

Soooo, I like it, but I have one complaint: why did you not do it on a Wario Coin Rom? :p

The edits from before wario enters the music box still seem pretty rudimentary
Well, it's pretty much all I can do right now. :p
What would you have done? ;P

(also.... Ruuuuuudy-mentary? ;D)
but I quite like what you did with the old man. At least it convinces me that we shouldn't stick with the hidden figure. I guess at the end we can say it was rudy in disguise all along? Or be attacked by a giant old man for the final boss... :p
I wasn't planning on making the old man the boss, no. xD
Unless we come up with something else I'd leave Rudy the way he is and just make him go "Haha! I fooled you!" or something.

Anyway, do you like my sprite for the old man? I didn't copy it. Since there was no sprite of him from the front I had to make this one myself. It's slightly bigger than his other sprites.

The edits from before wario enters the music box still seem pretty rudimentary, but I quite like what you did with the old man. At least it convinces me that we shouldn't stick with the hidden figure. I guess at the end we can say it was rudy in disguise all along? Or be attacked by a giant old man for the final boss... :p
I guess you could say they are pretty RUDYmentary! ...that was maybe a tad bit too lame, huh?

Yes.
Also, I already made that joke. xD
DAMNIT! *cough* I'm sorry, apologies. I was typing when you said that, then I had to do something, came back, finished my text, and posted it without knowing you already did the same thing.

Well, ShyGuy, this intro is pretty interesting :)
But it does give the player questions, and kind of makes less sense than the original game...

How did Old Man return Music Box World to it's former state? And why did he do it aniway? Didn't Wario make the world a better place? He gave them a bridge they can cross, a winter wonderland for ice skating and having snowball fights, a wavey place where they can go surfing, drained the swamp, making it safer, and impossible to drown...

And if he tells Wario that everyone were turned to brainwashed minions, Wario knows about it thought the entire adventure?

And why did Wario fly on a plane again, crash again, find the same music box again? Is there no explanation on why the story repeats?

Personally, I hope we can find a way to do ASM hacking, and create more interesting, completely custom intro/ending cutscenes... I have an interesting new idea in mind...

Well, ShyGuy, this intro is pretty interesting :)
But it does give the player questions, and kind of makes less sense than the original game...

How did Old Man return Music Box World to it's former state? And why did he do it aniway? Didn't Wario make the world a better place? He gave them a bridge they can cross, a winter wonderland for ice skating and having snowball fights, a wavey place where they can go surfing, drained the swamp, making it safer, and impossible to drown...

And if he tells Wario that everyone were turned to brainwashed minions, Wario knows about it thought the entire adventure?

And why did Wario fly on a plane again, crash again, find the same music box again? Is there no explanation on why the story repeats?

Personally, I hope we can find a way to do ASM hacking, and create more interesting, completely custom intro/ending cutscenes... I have an interesting new idea in mind...

Well, I had some space left for dialog so I though I could add an explanation for why everything in the world reset. :p
We can still change stuff, of course. Like, the monsters can also just be new monsters, not transformed people.
Overall I think it's still a better scenario than a time paradox or something.
...or givng no explanation at all.

Reactions: 356
Well, both of our scenarios have their up and downs.

If we can create completly custom cutscenes thought, we can have much more fun with the story.

Mad Scientistein, who was Rudy's Minion (this was true in Doctor Mario 64, so we can totally do that) has escaped prison, and wants to bring Rudy back.
He creates a time machine, but it explodes, creating a hole in space-time continuum, causing time to go back to when Rudy was ruling the world, but also completly changed the world...

Well, this can be improved, i know, but it can be better than our scenarios, if we find a way to ASM hack and create more complex cutscenes

Well, both of our scenarios have their up and downs.

If we can create completly custom cutscenes thought, we can have much more f

un with the story.

Mad Scientistein, who was Rudy's Minion (this was true in Doctor Mario 64, so we can totally do that) has escaped prison, and wants to bring Rudy back.
He creates a time machine, but it explodes, creating a hole in space-time continuum, causing time to go back to when Rudy was ruling the world, but also completly changed the world...

Well, this can be improved, i know, but it can be better than our scenarios, if we find a way to ASM hack and create more complex cutscenes
I'm so sorry, but I hate your idea.
First: time travel seems like a pretty lame excuse for putting Wario back in the box.
Second: Sonic 06

I do like your Mad Scienstein idea. Perhaps use something with him for a story, or a nice detail in a stage.

Last edited:
In that case, Old Man finds a way to send Wario a mail or something, and Wario actually goes back to Music Box willingly.
Without crashing the plane and accidental events like that

Like I said, we could still use Mad Scienstein somehow.

Also, I do kinda like the eMail thingy

Back