Did you know anyone that confused Wario with Mario?

TabbyPiggy

It's Wario Time!!
I feel like this could be somewhat of a common thing. Did you know anyone that thought Wario was Mario? And if so, how did you correct the person?

I remember when I was 12 years old I dressed as Wario for Halloween and I went trick-or-treating when a kid asks me "Whoa, are you Mario?" It was so weird, lmao, I awkwardly stood there and told them "No, I'm Wario???"
Another thing, a couple of weeks ago I bought Wario Land 3 at a flea market and I asked the guy who had all the video games what the price was. He was like "Yeah all Mario games cost around $20" and I knew he was wrong but I didn't want to make things awkward by correcting him so I just bought it (it works well btw!!).

No, not seen it myself.

But I'll be interested to hear other people who've seen this misunderstanding.

The language arts teacher I had last school year. I brought my Wario toy to school for probably the last couple months of the school year, and she called him Mario every day. One day she was talking about "Mario" to my counselor, who said "Excuse you? That is Wario!"

Last edited:
Yeah, me

I knew who Wario was from Mario Land 2 as a kid but I played Wario Land thinking it was gonna be, you know. SUPER MARIO LAND 3.
I guess it's not quite what the thread is looking for but, eeeeehhhh

Back