Do you feel the Wario Land series doesn't get enough appreciation?

You mention this, yet you don't bring up how Nintendo is always cramming SMB1 references into nearly everything they make, even their non-Mario stuff? I remember they tried to avoid doing that in the N64 era.
I don't EXACTLY get what you mean but I was giving other examples though. The thing is they keep trying to reference SMB1 and SMB3 more than anything which is honestly getting tiring, ESPECIALLY with it's level themes.

Let alone can I just say I've been getting pretty sick of "ZOMG IT'S THE KOOPALINGS, COOL HUH?" I know Sunshine's plot was silly, but it stood out somewhat and felt pretty fresh for what it was worth. Now Peach can barely even last about an opening cinematic without being kidnapped, and considering her character's reputation (not that I hate her by any means), She's already a pretty big "Damsel Scrappy" to a lot of people.

When I say Sonic is rehashing Green Hill Zone for example, Remember how many times it's had the same grass and checkerboard dirt pattern used now? Sonic Advanced 1 had it, Sonic Heroes did it, Sonic 4 did it And RIGHT after Generations, the first level of Lost World is pretty much Green Hill Zone with Motobugs because "MUH NOSTALGIA".

You mention this, yet you don't bring up how Nintendo is always cramming SMB1 references into nearly everything they make, even their non-Mario stuff? I remember they tried to avoid doing that in the N64 era.

You're complaining about the Super Mario Bros 1 pandering? Nah, that's nothing compared to the Super Mario Bros 3 obsession at Nintendo nowadays.

Even ignoring the near ubiquitous Koopalings and generic world themes, every new Mario game seems to be 'how many elements can we bring back from SMB 3 to pander to old people'. The Raccoon Leaf, the Tanooki Suit, the Frog Suit, the Warp Whistle, Boom Boom in general, the SMB 3 level in Color Splash... That's the game Nintendo is really obssessed with.

But yeah, literally everything seems to pander to 'nostalgia' now. Hollywood is arguably even worse here than the gaming industry...

when we got a Land game it was a few years later and just didn't do well with sales for whatever reason.

Wario Land: Shake It! was a loner and a huge risk. It should have revived 2D platformers on home consoles, but it got completely overshadowed by Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii which came out earlier the same year. New Super Mario Wii came out well over a year later and stole what SHOULD have been Wario's crown....

2008-2009 Initial Release Dates:

2008 - JANUARY: Super Smash Bros Brawl

2008 - APRIL: Mario Kart Wii

2008 - JULY: Wario Land: The Shake Dimension/Shake It!

2009 - NOVEMBER: New Super Mario Bros Wii >>> Huge revival in 2D platformers on home consoles

I'd say Kirby Super Star getting remade on the DS as KSS Ultra later in 2008 was what put the extra spring in that step.

For the record, looking at that pic in the OP actually makes it look weird to see Daisy alongside the rest of those Sarasaland guys. It's still very surprising how they somehow managed to keep her around, but they and that place have been dead for over 25 years.

I'd say Kirby Super Star getting remade on the DS as KSS Ultra later in 2008 was what put the extra spring in that step.

For the record, looking at that pic in the OP actually makes it look weird to see Daisy alongside the rest of those Sarasaland guys. It's still very surprising how they somehow managed to keep her around, but they and that place have been dead for over 25 years.

She's the princess of Sarasaland, ain't nothing strange about it.

But the weird thing is that they still keep her around, yet bring back nothing else from there. (How was that so hard to understand?) How did they even manage to bring her back after a long time in the first place?

But the weird thing is that they still keep her around, yet bring back nothing else from there. (How was that so hard to understand?) How did they even manage to bring her back after a long time in the first place?

It's not that I couldn't understand it, it's just that I disagreed with it.
She popped up in other Mario-related media during her absence from the games so it's not that she was completely dead for 10+ years and came back randomly.

But everything else from Sarasaland has been dead ever since. Only she managed to stay. She pretty much rules nobody now, and might as well be a Mushroom Kingdom resident at this point.

How are you not getting this?

But everything else from Sarasaland has been dead ever since.

Daisy is an extension of her kingdom.

Only she managed to stay. She pretty much rules nobody now, and might as well be a Mushroom Kingdom resident at this point.

Got any proof of that?

How are you not getting this?

Me disagreeing with you is not me misunderstanding you. I understand where you come from
but I still disagree with you.
You seem a bit flustered at the fact.

Daisy is an extension of her kingdom.
What the hell does that even mean?

But seriously, how did they decide to bring her back in Mario Tennis 64?

And then there's Rosalina, whose backstory has been thrown out the window entirely now...

So what was this thread about again?

Oh right, so how do you guys propose the next Mario game should be if they're getting so "uncreative"? Hell, I'd argue that 3D World showed that they still have it in them.

I don't. 3D World had some good ideas, but I still think the levels were completely detached from anything resembling an interesting or actually lived in place, the overworld had nothing to do with the levels and the variety was still too low in general.

I want something that does to Mario what Mario 64 or Galaxy did to it.

Yeah, the Sprixie Kingdom was barely different enough from the Mushroom Kingdom, besides the name and...well, Sprixies. But it shows that they at least tried.

Peach being playable in it is one of the main reasons most people are even remotely interested in this game more than any other Mario platformer lately. Super Peach 3D World, guys.

What's with the sloppy titles these days?

Shouldn't it be "Super Mario World 3D", or something less confusing/more distinct? Who thought "Super Mario 3D World" sounded good? It doesn't even flow as a title.

Yeah, the Sprixie Kingdom was barely different enough from the Mushroom Kingdom, besides the name and...well, Sprixies. But it shows that they at least tried.
Did they. I bet the Sprixies were added at the last minute in development after they realized that if Bowser's not capturing Peach he needs to capture some other princess. I bet most of the game's worlds and levels were designed to be the Mushroom Kingdom and then when they made the Sprixies they were all like "Okay I guess this is their kingdom instead.

You got to understand how Nintendo thinks. Story and characters are the last things on their mind and are probably shoehorned in at the last minute.

I half suspect 3D World was originally meant to be a Super Mario Bros 2 sequel. A lot of the look and feel just screams "This takes place in Subcon", yet somehow it doesn't.

Maybe Wart was meant to be involved at one point, but then it got changed to a typical Bowser themed plot in a different kingdom.

Back