Do you think the next Wario Land game will have a super guide?

JoeKarta

Bucket Head
I hope not. I like Wario Land 4 & Shake It!! (if they will continue the series in Wario Land 4 style) because of the difficulty and when I finally won a hard boss I was sooooo happy. I do not want that some other kid plays a hard Wario Land level and when he almost gets what he is supposed to do a super guide block appears and he lets the cpu do it. Nintendo likes to market the Wario games to everyone so I think it will probably happen.

Tl:dr version: I don't want to, but I can see it happen.

Last edited:
I doubt it. I mean, haven't Nintendo basically moved away from the Super Guide concept now?

It's not in Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. And it's not in most lesser known Nintendo games and spinoffs either, the Mario RPGs don't have it, and nor did Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

So no, probably not. They wouldn't bother with one even if the idea was still being kept around, since spinoffs and less known Nintendo series tend not to get this feature.

I wouldn't be angry at all if there was a Super Guide: I just want the series's difficulty level to remain the same. In fact, I'd be happy if there was a Super Guide, because it'd help younger kids enjoy and appreciate the Wario games, and also help sales. If they want to make Wario Land easier, all I ask is for difficulty settings.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Super guide? No, I don't think it will, ever. Unless they take the "straight from start to finish" route, I don't see it happening, or even needed. I look at it more like a open-to-explore kind of levels, in which Super Guide would do anything. Passing a level in Wario Land games is really easy (for the most part) the tricky part is getting the most money out of it, and I don't see a Super Guide doing it at all. But I could be wrong...

I don't really use the Super Guide in the games that do have it, so if a new Wario Land game has it, it won't have much effect on me. Well, other than that annoying noise it insists on using after I've died enough times.

How would a super guide in Wario Land even work? Like easy mode in 3D Land where you get invincibility? If they did that that would truly suck.

How would a super guide in Wario Land even work? Like easy mode in 3D Land where you get invincibility? If they did that that would truly suck.
Don't get confused, ShyGuyXXL! Super Guide is not the invincibility power up, it's the little green box that appears in New Super Mario Bros Wii for the first time (I think) that spawns Luigi in and goes through the level to show you how to beat the level. I don't recall if he actually beats the level for you, or if it will just go to the end of it.

Well, it depends to be honest. Nintendo have replaced the Super Guide with the Assist Block to much of a degree, and the latter gives Mario permanent invincibility/a level skip instead of a CPU level playthrough.

Whether any of those would help is debatable. A Super Guide would be odd simply because a Wario level now rarely relies on reaching a straightforward exit. How would it work with the race back to the level beginning mechanic from 4 and Shake It? Or the multiple exits in Wario Land 3?

An Assist Block would be as good as useless, since enemies and hazards are rarely ever the difficult part of a Wario game. Solving puzzles and stuff is, and being invincible doesn't make that a lot easier.

I really doubt it. Giving the fact that the super guide wasn't in DKTF. I think that Nintendo is starting to move away from the whole super guide. Also so far none of the Wario games have really been hard enough to really need a super guide.

Super guides are a thing of the past. It's probably a lot of work to record movements to finish each level and it is just a less fun experience. Tutorials in the pause screen would be the least they could do (even better to see a guide of what each power-up can do like in the Kirby games).

Firstly, I don't think this would happen. Secondly, I wouldn't mind. If it would exist, I would just rephrase from using it, just like I never (ab)used the P infinite tanooki thing in Super Mario Bros. 3.

Back