Do you want to see Young Cricket's female partner appear in a future entry?

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
Oh boy, it's been awhile here hasn't it. Well lemme wipe the dust a bit and post something here.
So in one of WarioWare Gold's PVs, Young Cricket's to be more specific, we have recieved a confirmation
that Young Cricket is the same kid from Kung Fu Ball from Rhythm Heaven

Which also meant he also had a female partner who trained alongside him for awhile.
Kung_Fu_Kids.png

DwhGPKGVAAAzgpD.jpg

For the sake of ease, we'll dub her Young Dragonfly since that seems to have become the generally used fan name for her
based off of what I've seen.

Anyways, do you by any chances want to see her properly appear in the games in some form?
I think it'll be interesting to see her in the present day and maybe show off and explore her relationship with Young Cricket and Master Mantis in some way. Doesn't have to be a reoccurring character, she can simply be a one-off like Vanessa or what not.

Last edited:
Yeah, why not? She seems like a good counterpart to Young Cricket, and will cartainly be a good addition to the cast.
Some of you may say that there are already enough characters in the WarioWare cast, and that's true in some way, but I think "Young Dragonfly" is actually a worty addition.
She doesn't have to be as prominent as Young Cricket or Master Mantis, but I certainly would like to see in a future game as a side character, or even as a small recurring cameo, a bit like what Fronk used to be for 9-Volt before Gold.

Hm... Maybe. He's pretty boring. One of things I love about the WarioWare cast is how crazy and fun they are. Young Cricket has got to be the most, well, normal of the crew. If they make him a more fun character then I would be happy for him to continue to appear in the series.

Regardless of what i think he seems to be a permanent member anyway.

ive never seen young cricket before. How weird, maybe i dont play enough warioware..

Hm... Maybe. He's pretty boring. One of things I love about the WarioWare cast is how crazy and fun they are. Young Cricket has got to be the most, well, normal of the crew. If they make him a more fun character then I would be happy for him to continue to appear in the series.

it'd be great if his caricature was less 'main character from the kung-fu movie Steve Oedekerk made Kung-Pow with' style of milquetoast.
Since that's obviously not going to happen, though, at the very least it would be a funny jab at that whole deal if his voice lines and mouth shape never lined up, in reference to the way those movies were always dubbed. He already speaks with the same intonation those dubs have, anyway.

Even if he were a shonen protag knockoff, it'd be an improvement, because then he'd at least have some kind of character arc to undergo. As I recall he already has the hubris/arrogance, just not the pompous attitude. If we're keeping on the "Hm! Honor-Bound Student! :SAnnoyed:" route, then make him like Jonathon Joestar or smth (I don't care what Magma says, he is not worst JoJo). Give him motivations, reasons for having a possible honor code, or something. Mostly, Cricket is boring because they never really fleshed him out.

Maybe if they did add his partner, that'd at least introduce the 'friendly rivals always going at it' angle to view the character from. One only need look at Kat/Ana by herself to see that neither is as interesting on their own, after all.

I remember someone here making an interesting point Young Cricket & Master Mantis are probably meant to be foils to Kat & Ana ("serious" martial artists engaged in goofy low stake stories vs goofy characters with surprisingly dramatic stories). Unfortunately neither are very interesting by themsels.

I remember someone here making an interesting point Young Cricket & Master Mantis are probably meant to be foils to Kat & Ana ("serious" martial artists engaged in goofy low stake stories vs goofy characters with surprisingly dramatic stories). Unfortunately neither are very interesting by themsels.
Never read that statement you're talking about myself, but now that you mention it... They are indeed quite each others opposites. Equals too, but definitely opposites as well. And tahutoa is right too for saying that Young Cricket (and IMO also Master Mantis) are a bit on the bland and boring side as they never really bothered to make him a more fleshed-out character beyond the martial arts context.
There's so much opportunity for more interaction between Kat & Ana, and Young Cricket and Master Mantis respectively. There should be a plotline where they have to team up, but at the same time also develop a bit of a rivalry along the way. Even though I agree that neither party is very interesting per se, such a story would be perfect to give all of them more interesting personalities which could be established and explored further.

Back