Fallout 4

chicken

Guardian of All Secrets
(psssst if y'all are gonna talk about spoilers, use the spoiler tag please. personally, i love a good spoiler. most don't though.)

Let's talk about some Fallout, boy! (that joke makes me cough up blood)

Today's the first day since I got Fallout 4 that I haven't immediately jumped straight to my computer and played it for hours without any real breaks... Feels like I've been sucked back into reality.

It's the first Fallout game I've ever played, but I'm absolutely hooked. Normally, I don't even LIKE shooters! This game just feels so great though. I have a few minor complaints, but they're such knit-picky details, they barely change the way I feel about the game.

Anyone else here aboard the Fallout hype train right now?

Yo I got a ticket for that train.

I really love the graphics for the game, the atmosphere, the almost everything. One minor thing that they added that I really enjoyed was the vault boy animations. I just feel a bit tranced by them for some reason.

I also gotta say that, even though I haven't gotten far into the game, I didn't find any game-breaking bug. Only bug I found was getting stuck in a car. Luckily it autosaved for me so I didn't really have to backtrack too far.

Also you're able to get a dog. Dogs are always cool.

I might as well post this:
tumblr_nxl6jhkCUz1qi8qxgo1_1280.jpg

Yo I got a ticket for that train.

I really love the graphics for the game, the atmosphere, the almost everything. One minor thing that they added that I really enjoyed was the vault boy animations. I just feel a bit tranced by them for some reason.

I also gotta say that, even though I haven't gotten far into the game, I didn't find any game-breaking bug. Only bug I found was getting stuck in a car. Luckily it autosaved for me so I didn't really have to backtrack too far.

Also you're able to get a dog. Dogs are always cool.
I 100% agree! Even though I don't have any prior fallout experience to compare it too, I absolutely love the animations. I also really love the "What makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L." videos!
Screen_Shot_2015_11_12_at_10_29_24_PM.png

I've run into a few bugs here and there, but I'm just happy I'm not getting lag.

I played some at my friends house and I really enjoyed it. The shooting feels really good and the VATS system is really satisfying.
My only complaint is no matter how high your perception is, no matter how high of a chance you have, it feels like your headshots always miss.

I might as well post this:
tumblr_nxl6jhkCUz1qi8qxgo1_1280.jpg
HAHA! My friend showed me a similar Waluigi yesterday, and it made me so happy. I'm pretty sure the one I saw didn't have a Daisy though :(

Awesome's pictures didn't load for me, but I've seen some pretty gore-y characters made lol.

Oh, I actually haven't seen any random tin cans that I could steal lol. That might be a glitch?

I love that even misc quests that seem irrelevant make such an impact on the game. Of course, not all of them are so important. But from the few that I've tried out

Confidence Man,
The Disappearing Act,
and Talk to Bobbi
I've really liked the outcome. I didn't go through with
Talk to Bobbi, because the security kept shooting at me, and I really like Diamond City. Don't know if there's a way to get them to stop being hostile with you after the quest, or if there's a way to avoid that at all but I figured it wasn't worth risking without Googling first.

Ah, it's okay! I can understand why. Fallout is a pretty hard game, but wanna hear the secret?
play on easy mode
save often
if you find yourself in a dying loop, try another way. think outside the box. even when things are grim, this game always has a way to go around it. it's one of the things i absolutely love about the game.

I haven't played a Fallout game, but I've been interested in the series for some time. Think I ought to start with this one? :)
Yep! You don't need to play any other games to have a wonderful experience.

Never played Fallout 3 so I wouldn't be able to tell you about it. But I don't think you can go wrong with that either from what I've heard.
I've heard that Fallout 3 / New Vegas are great, but once you play Fallout 4 they're just outdated and hard to go back and play.

For some, maybe. I've seen at least one person say he still prefers New Vegas to either 3 or 4. Makes sense, since apparently, New Vegas is a bit more like the first two Fallout games.

But I'd need to play the games to figure it out for myself.

All I know about the first two fallout games is that they play very differently. They're a RTS thing and not first person. I have the games, but I never really wanted to play them cause I guess I prefer the later installations.

I think more in spirit than actual gameplay (it looks similar to 3 and 4, gameplay wise). Of course, New Vegas was a weird case of being outsourced to a developer that apparently had members of the original Fallout development teams in its ranks, so that probably had something to do with it.

But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, I need to try the series. I think if I don't get a game, I have an idea for what to put on the good ol' Christmas list.

Back