Fan Games you would like to make?

Koopaul

Yes. I'm that Koopaul.
Ever had a fangame that you wanted to make or always wanted to see made?

Here's a topic to talk about fangames of your dreams. It should be fun hearing these kinds of games.

Me? I always had a dream about making a Mario RPG that was a huge tribute to the series and greater universe. It would be dedicated to Mario fans everywhere. Featuring characters, locations, items, and more from all over the Mario series that fans would recognize and love. This game would be so jam packed full of content that it would boast having "at least one reference from every Mario game" be it a cameo or quick jingle.

Besides all that stuff what would the game be actually like? Well its a Mario RPG that borrows elements from Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and Super Mario RPG but would feature an all new sprite style. Mario will partner up with characters like in the Paper Mario series, however his partners this time are the famous Mario characters we all know. Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, and more join him as save the world from all the greatest villains from past Mario games.

That's my dream fangame. I'll get into the details a little more later.

I never thought of Fan-games I'd like to make until earlier last year, somebody was making "a night at Ashley's", a fan-game based on Fnaf. I was helping him make it, not with coding but ideas and images, my part wasn't huge like the others. So I only got a small hand-full of knowledge of the game.

For one, there was gonna be around 5 ghost Ashley's that would try to kill you. One was missing an eye ball, one had no eyes and was blue-ish, I forgot the rest. All the pictures and images I had of it was on my old computer that broke.

But as far as people know it was gonna be pretty much Five nights with Ashley ghosts. I think other things would have been added like 4 players, battle mode and more.

(not really a "fangame" as much "what if was given control of nintendo's development ressources and told to go crazy", buuuut)

Star Wolf

Spin-0ff set directly after Star Fox Assault. Wolf and his pals had their ships fucked up bad by the Aparoids and they need to take all the jobs they can get to survive.

-Semi-linear storyline where you can pick and choose missions in the order you want and accept optional missions in additional to the main storyline. Completion of secondary objectives and the misisons you choose may influence later missions.

-Shop system where you can buy upgrades, new weapons and paint shops/decorations for your ship. Completing secondary and hidden objectives grants additional cash.

-Slower, weightier flight model in the vein of Freespace or Colony Wars

-Between missions, you can walk around, pimp your hideout and talk to your henchmen

A game where I can get more Panther Caroso is good in my book. The premise also works with Star Wolf, since they are a team of mercenaries, after all.

Would be cool to gather up a team of fans, and make an un-official sequel to Skies of Arcadia : p

taking some points from Glowsquids post, I think it would be really cool to add things like-

-Shop system where you can buy upgrades, new weapons and paint shops/decorations for your ship.

In the first SoA you actually could upgrade your ship, and equip new weapons and other things that effected it, like engine parts and junk. But you could never change the way it looked, like a paint shop or anything. I always thought it would be way awesome to be able to change how it looked.

-Between missions, you can walk around, pimp your hideout and talk to your henchmen

You actually could do this on your home base in SoA too : p It would be cool to add onto it, though. Like give you a reason to talk to your crew, maybe add on a Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory friendship level thing where raising your level opens up new events with them that can even lead to side quests and junk. Would be really awesome.

I dunno if it could be possible do make such a thing in full 3d like the original, but I think it would be cool to even make a fan based game in like over head 2d JRPG style : p And maybe you can find a way to make 2d look like 3d when flying your ship through the sky.

Dunno if this counts as a fan-game, but I've always wanted to make a Wario Land 4 rom hack. As far as I know, nobody has made a level editor for it however and I'm too dumb to make the editor myself. I'm still dreaming about it happening someday. If someone makes a WL4 editor, I will love them forever and I'd be making WL4 levels for only 23 hours a day.

Back