Game music that invokes certain feelings

Essentially the musical version of this:
1591191731800.png

I have the same feeling with The Toxic Landfill. It just wants you to Go! And bash every goddamn thing in your way! Not only that, but I also think it's the most "Wario" song of the entire Wario Land series. :toxiclandfill:

Although this song is really upbeat and catchy, like so many songs in the Shantae series, for me, this song has a bit of a bittersweet personal association to it, for it reminds me of the happiness I felt when enthusiastically watching playthoughs of the then-newly released Half-Genie Hero, which, to put it somewhat poetically, felt like an island in a sea of sadness.
Because of this, it is probably one of the more emotionally meaningful video game themes to me.

These two definitely make feel kinda contemplative, and get me remniscing about my own life choices when I hear them:

If there's one track that describes this feeling like no other, it must be this one:

I'm sure we've all heard it, and it might be a bit of a cliché to mention this song in this context, but that doesn't make it any less emotionally meaningful. Unlike the Mermaid Falls song that I've posted recently, Stickerbrush Symphony is a very emotional song in itself, even without the memories that probably emerge when you listen to it.
For me, it is like an instrumental story about the maddening reality of life, and how you must carry on, no matter what, which somewhat ironically also represents the levels in which this song plays in the game.

While most of the songs in Mario Party Advance were reused from Mario Party 2 and 3 (in a very good way, I must say), the very few original compositions in this game are not that great, honestly.
One of them, however, is, in spite of its simplicity, one that hits me on a deep, very personal level. It's this one:

While it might sound pretty meaningless to most of you, this song is pretty much my entire collective childhood joy in audible form.
That block wave combined with those pizzicato strings... it's so soothing, so calmly. It's perfection in all its simplicity.
One of my fondest memories of this game, which is already one big nostalgiafest for me, was when I went to this room just to hear this over and over, often for many minutes at a time, and the good thing is, this is one of the few chilhood games that I've always kept.

Unrelated, but also worth mentioning here in the context of my latest post in the Video Game/Media Anniversaries that Make you Feel Old? thread is that this is another example of a video game that I consider much older than it truly is.

The theme song of Mario's Mystery Meat's Cursed Image Land is called Cursed Cathedral but sounds more like China's Corpse:

Also, MMM's version of Brinstar SCREAMS "America" at the top of its lungs:

Last but not least, MMM's version of Tail Cave basically is the theme song of Norilsk:

Back