General Gaming social thread

I can so relate to this

Also, I totally wanna give that little kitten a hug :(

Haha, ''and you'' is such a generic but very endearing thing to see in the credits. Same goes for the classic ''thanks for playing'', but sadly that has somewhat lost its meaning to me, as you see it so much.

Kinda dark but relevant to current conversations on social media

It makes a good point though, I was actually arguing that if the whole desensitization from video games thing played a role in violent actions, that it would be a minor role, as merely not reacting appropriately to violence =/= to intentionally harming as many people as possible.

The people who commit these acts /clearly/ struggled with deeper problems than being "desensualized" to violence.

Serious question: does anyone out there really feel excited for new consoles these days?

Like, is it the same as it was when the technology was still developing, when we switched from SNES to N64 and from N64 to Gamecube? And if people do still feel excited about them, why? What is there to look forward to with new consoles?

I can kinda sorta understand with Nintendo, as they do come up with different ways to play console games. But it seems more like having to keep buying new phones in order to continue having a phone these days.

Serious question: does anyone out there really feel excited for new consoles these days?

Like, is it the same as it was when the technology was still developing, when we switched from SNES to N64 and from N64 to Gamecube? And if people do still feel excited about them, why? What is there to look forward to with new consoles?

I can kinda sorta understand with Nintendo, as they do come up with different ways to play console games. But it seems more like having to keep buying new phones in order to continue having a phone these days.
Yeah, feel about the same.

Playing Minecraft Bedrock version for the first time on the Switch has been not as great as good ol' Java version but it's on the Switch so there's that.
I'm loving the old combat system and being able to place a block in front of you if your making a bridge or something but fuck if this game doesn't crash if just press the home button for half a second and having to buy a bunch of stuff that was just free to have on Java makes me sad.

Playing Minecraft Bedrock version for the first time on the Switch has been not as great as good ol' Java version but it's on the Switch so there's that.
I'm loving the old combat system and being able to place a block in front of you if your making a bridge or something but fuck if this game doesn't crash if just press the home button for half a second and having to buy a bunch of stuff that was just free to have on Java makes me sad.
Not to mention, no mod support as of yet. Not even the windows 10 version of bedrock has mod support (Not the java version, the version exclusive to windows 10).

I wish nintendo would make some kind of gadget that would allow you to play nintendo 3DS games on the switch, i have always wanted to see M&L dream team and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on TV.

I wish nintendo would make some kind of gadget that would allow you to play nintendo 3DS games on the switch, i have always wanted to see M&L dream team and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on TV.
I'd love to see that too, but in reality wouldn't be something like a gadget, it would probably be something like an emulator with a small collection of 3DS games, à la Nintendo Switch Online NES/SNES. I don't really see that happening soon, or a while really, but hey who knows?

Last edited:
Well i downloaded a bunch of games on my $50 eshop card about 2 weeks ago and one of those games was Mario Party Advance, It was a fun and cute game... but ONE thing was a poor feature... the Gaddgets, They were VERY boring and no fun much.

Well i downloaded a bunch of games on my $50 eshop card about 2 weeks ago and one of those games was Mario Party Advance, It was a fun and cute game... but ONE thing was a poor feature... the Gaddgets, They were VERY boring and no fun much.
Hey, you played Mario Party Advance? Did you think the game was good? Most people consider it to be the worst Mario Party game, and even one of the worst Mario games ever. But that's just a load of rubbish if you ask me. The game is much different from any other Mario Party game, and that's exactly why I think it's actually a great game. I genuinely enjoyed playing it, even though just as you mentioned, the Gaddgets are mostly mediocre to bad, and the missions become repetitive and boring. But it's indeed still a charming game. I wish it had received more attention.

Back