General Site Bugs or Problems

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
I think this thread is useful so we don't have to make a thread for every single thing that pops up.

So, is there a specific way the email updates are supposed to work? I know it doesn't make sense to have email updates for every single new post but how exactly do the email notifications work when a lot of times they're updates to posts many hours or even a day after they were made?

I think this thread is useful so we don't have to make a thread for every single thing that pops up.

So, is there a specific way the email updates are supposed to work? I know it doesn't make sense to have email updates for every single new post but how exactly do the email notifications work when a lot of times they're updates to posts many hours or even a day after they were made?

Basically, emails are sent when there's a new reply on the thread, or when you get a new reply in a PM. However, it only sends one email to notify you that there's new stuff to read, this means future replies after that won't be alerted, unless you reply, then the notification cycle starts again. You can also "watch" a thread, in that case updates keep coming. If there's other details about it, I'm sure @CM30 will mention them.

Alright thank you for the info, I wasn't necessarily annoyed by the emails I just wanted to know how they work since it's not all that straightforward.

@CM30 lately been having some issues with the notifications being buggy. Sometimes the name will show up as black and unclickable
eFbek1s.png

And this weird thing happened today with warelander showing up as "Unknown member"
Y03XNur.png

What's going on?

If i check my notifications then click on anything then go to previous page the site forgets i checked my notifications. Its not a big deal but a little irksome

Hmm, guess I'll check if there are any XenForo updates or what not, since that seems like a core software bug.

Back