General Wario references thread (Now with Index on page 13).

Octo, a Wario Land 3 boss, had its design edited on Dr. Mario 64 (US version) however; in the game where he debuted it didn't.
WL3_S_SeaTurtleRocks4.PNG

DrMario64_OctoUs.png
DrMario64_OctoJp.png
DrMario64_OctoIconUs.png
DrMario64_OctoIconJp.png
Wouldn't wanna offend any of the african-american squids playing our games.

Gotta love the little things about gaming

f3dddd4bb31a8423b5aab1222f56678e38af52c7_00.gif

Gotta love the little things about gaming

f3dddd4bb31a8423b5aab1222f56678e38af52c7_00.gif
Am I the only one who thinks this look is actually really cool? Like, why does it have to have such a stupid stigma attached to it? If you disconnect it from human caricatures it actually looks really good. Such a simple but effective contrast.

Am I the only one who thinks this look is actually really cool? Like, why does it have to have such a stupid stigma attached to it? If you disconnect it from human caricatures it actually looks really good. Such a simple but effective contrast.

Well originally Jynx isn't even based on a caricature, it's based on a Japanese Youkai as well as Japanese fashion which I'll link if you're interested.
It's just different cultures different things I guess, black people dudududud white people derderderder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama-uba

It's entirely guilt by association.
It's like removing a Charlie Chaplin reference because his mustache looks like Hitler's.

It's exactly just like the Charlie Chaplin stache or well in this case considering Hitler had an impact around the world a huge negative impact that sort of overshadows it unfortunately.

That still reminds... what does Nintendo have against doing deals with LEGO anyway? Why even authorise these knockoffs instead of teaming up with the actual brand?

Are they still bitter about the N&B blocks days?

That still reminds... what does Nintendo have against doing deals with LEGO anyway? Why even authorise these knockoffs instead of teaming up with the actual brand?

Probably. I don't see any other reason why they wouldn't do this.

It's been mentioned before that all of Wario's power up forms from Land 1 show up as puzzles in Mario's Super Picross, but wouldn't you know it, Wario's sets also include 5 more puzzles that are all Land 1 mooks:
fejowkp.PNG
hzgui.PNG
rettewe.PNG
tejopkr.PNG
werg.PNG

It's been mentioned before that all of Wario's power up forms from Land 1 show up as puzzles in Mario's Super Picross, but wouldn't you know it, Wario's sets also include 5 more puzzles that are all Land 1 mooks:
View attachment 6281 View attachment 6282 View attachment 6283 View attachment 6284 View attachment 6285
I should also say that with this in mind and looking back at other non-Wario titles that feature Wario characters the list is starting to grow:

Mario's Super Picross
Picross NP Vol.7
Dr. Mario 64
Super Mario Maker
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Daigasso! Band Brothers P
Game & Watch Gallery 2
Game & Watch Gallery 3
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Smash Bros For 3DS
Super Smash Bros For Wii U
Rhythm Tengoku
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Rhythm Heaven Megamix

Plus, if you want to count appearences of vocal themes as vocal cameos, then these would also qualify:

Donkey Konga 3 (With Sal Out being the in-universe singer of the Mona Pizza Song and all.)
Daigasso! Band Brothers (Ashley's Theme)

And while they don't appear in Fortune Street I'd say that Rudy and the Black Jewel being mentioned by Wario in that game is also worth bringing up.

I mean hey, all things considered we are getting somewhere.

Last edited:

Lego Legend of Zelda would be the best thing ever. I mean it's already perfect for having guys with swords and shields and bows and arrows and stuff... there's already horses and stuff...
I'd honestly prefer Zelda Lego sets to Mario ones.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
All I can provide is this bad pic :
zghj.jpg

I would like to find some video footage of it myself, it's rather hard to pull the move off, so I'm not surprised that gameplay recordings of it online are likely sparse at best.

Yeah, it's not the clearest picture.

Still, if he says it's a shoulder barge, I'm willing to believe him on that.
You very much can trust me on that one, to give some context the charge in Sports Mix's Basketball is initiated if you block an opposing player who has the ball, for a certain period of time, you can see Luigi's attack for that kind of situation in this video (5 minutes in) :

In Wario's case that attack would be the charge, but as I said it's not something you will pull off regulary, which makes finding footage of it so utterly horrendus, but I have the game and know that the charge is indeed in it.

Back