General Wario references thread (Now with Index on page 13).

I was just trying to see which song from this album siivagunner used in their latest friday night funkin rip, daggum. i got sideswiped by that so damn hard it gave me chills. was NOT expecting to hear THAT

update: "RUNNING OUT OF TIME" also uses the car drive-by sound effect from 4.

You can unlock a Wario skin for a turkey in Angry Birds Evolution:
Ewm_jbhWQAEZiwK

Last edited:
You can unlock a Wario skin for a turkey in Angry Birds Evolution:
Ewm_jbhWQAEZiwK
Wait, what?
I haven't followed Angry Birds in years, but this is a pretty cool cross-over. :P
Yeah, quite interesting! Especially considering that they don't seem to have done the same for Mario, although they made a reference to him two years ago, apparently.

Not actually a reference, but this synth bass instrument sounds a little... familiah:wah:. the low notes in particular

Not sure if this is common knowledge or if someone has already posted this, but the Boss Clear jingle that appears WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! seems to be the same one from Wario Land 2 after clearing certain bosses.

Wario Land 2 OST - 43 - Victory!

Boss Stage Clear - WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

There's also other titles which use this same jingle, here's what I've found so far:

Chest Unlocked Wario Land 3 Music HD

Wario Land 3 - Chest unlocked and Stage clear!

Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ OST - 10 - Clear Fanfare - Intermission

Boss Clear - WarioWare: Twisted!

Boss Win - WarioWare Gold

Here's hoping WarioWare: Get It Together! pays homage to this.

P.S. This totally should've been Wario's Smash Victory theme.

Last edited:
Not actually a reference, but this synth bass instrument sounds a little... familiah:wah:. the low notes in particular

Isn't that what you called the "Deow Bass"?

Not sure if this is common knowledge or if someone has already posted this, but the Boss Clear jingle that appears WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! seems to be the same one from Wario Land 2 after clearing certain bosses.

Well, it likely is common knowledge, it's just that it's so universal that you wouldn't even notice unless someone pointed it out.

Isn't that what you called the "Deow Bass"?
jes :cavitycalamity:

Wario Land 2 OST - 43 - Victory!

Boss Stage Clear - WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

In the case of these two, anyway, it could potentially be a reference, but for the most part they're just upward scales split into sections, so the differences between WL2's and Inc's victory jingles aren't enough to reliably agree with you. I would love that to be the case, though.

Yoshitomi was one of the people who worked on Wario music at least as far back as WL3, so maybe he did subconsciously reference it. I wouldn't know. Either way it's not too concrete, unfortunately.

jes :cavitycalamity:

In the case of these two, anyway, it could potentially be a reference, but for the most part they're just upward scales split into sections, so the differences between WL2's and Inc's victory jingles aren't enough to reliably agree with you. I would love that to be the case, though.

Yoshitomi was one of the people who worked on Wario music at least as far back as WL3, so maybe he did subconsciously reference it. I wouldn't know. Either way it's not too concrete, unfortunately.
I think more so the Wario Land 3 jingle was referenced if that is the case, but I do believe the origin jingle of WL3 Chest Unlocked jingle was definitely inspired by the past title's jingle in someway. Again I hear a very similar progression in terms of notes making it seem to be a homage whether subconscious or not, especially in the case of WL3 and Ware Inc.'s jingles. Wario Land games usually have remixes/renditions of songs from the previous game in the series e.x. Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Overworld theme and Wario Land 2 - Hen's Nest, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wario Land 3 would do the same with Wario Land 2.

However I could be wrong, all of this could be a coincidence but I strongly feel otherwise in terms of the ladder. If someone who is experienced in music can show me a music sheet of the jingles in comparison confirming that the notes aren't similar than I'll take their word.

So far the references I could get:
  • The barbershop minigame from Wario Land 4 returns, now with Waluigi's nose
  • Wario World's castle
  • Uncompressed song of Super Pyoro's main theme song.
  • 18-Volt's sound effects are samples from Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Also the kodamas (previously appeared in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and 3d Land) Also appear on the windmill minigame,

Back