How come the SNES verison of Wario's Woods isn't on the VC?

Vampfox

Wario Fan Supreme
The NES verison of Wario's Woods has been released on the VC, but the SNES verison has never been released on the VC.

It's a shame since the SNES verison has some interesting characters such as Sarissa.

Long before Ashley, Wario had a different witch working for him.

So what does everyone think. Will the SNES Wario Woods ever see a release on the VC or is it doomed to remain on the SNES forever?

I sure hope so but i doubt it since it is a different version of the same game. Also Nintendo has taken more of a liking to the NES than the SNES and i don't think nintendo rereleased because it is Wario so much as they want to sell NES games.

I guess they didn't want to rerelease two versions of the same game however different they are and probably wanted to release whichever one would be cheaper.

I'm wondering that too.

I mean yeah, I see @Magma's point, but most other versions tend to be the later ones. I mean, Wario Land II would probably be cheaper in black and white, but they picked the better version there.

Anyone asked Nintendo?

I'm wondering that too.

I mean yeah, I see @Magma's point, but most other versions tend to be the later ones. I mean, Wario Land II would probably be cheaper in black and white, but they picked the better version there.

Anyone asked Nintendo?

Well.... apart from the lack of colour, I would actually consider the original GB version of Wario Land II "superior", due to that exclusive aquatic enemy not found in the GBC version. (A cool enemy based on a boss) Still, I also love having full colour. I'm glad I own both versions on the original hardware.

Now, I'm not an expert when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I feel that the SNES version n ever getting any VC releases may be related to the fact that Japan never got that version outside of altered versions via the Sattelaview:
WarioWoodsBOL.png

The SNES Wario's Woods as we know it, never made it there and the fact that other games like Dr Mario 64 (a US exclusive title, which Japan only got via the Nintendo Puzzle Collection for the Game Cube ) have failed to get a VC release adds to the idea.

A lot of this depends on how much of a say Nintendo of Japan has over which Ninty games are allowed to be released where, with certain guidelines that need to be followed unless stated otherwise (Kirby's Avalanche could be an example of such an exception, althought Sega likely had a hand in that, due to it being a Puyo reskin substituting the original version in the west) and those likely don't take the few western only games into account.

I'm just speculating, but I feel like this may at least be part of the reason why they just won't put the SNES version on the VC, especially since Nintendo doesn't seem to be against multiple versions of the same game being on the VC, as Super Mario Bros Deluxe or the Super Mario Advance Series seem to indicate.

Back