How did you get into the Wario series?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Did you start with Wario Land 1 in the Game Boy era? The first WarioWare game on GBA? Or another game or situation entirely?

What got you into the series anyway?

I started with Wario Land 1 for Game Boy, my former friend played Wario Land 1 in school playtime, and me and other friends played with him that videogame

Weirdly enough, I didn't really get into Wario until *after* I had already joined this place.

That being said growing up I had quite a bit of exposure to Wario outside of just Mario spin off appearances. While I didn't own any Game Boy devices personally (did have a Game Boy player though), I had plenty of friends who had Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance devices. Wario Land and Wario Land 4 seemed to be games that all my friends owned and so had a lot of exposure to those. I also had some friends who were really into WarioWare as well.

Honestly don't really remember why I joined this place to begin with lmao. I think I just liked the community that was here at the time.

I played WL2 when I was 5 years old. Right when it dropped and immediately recognized Wario as the manliness that the world is trying to snuff out in most places. Wario is a man who does what he wants, when he wants. He doesn't care if someone is baking him a cake. He doesn't care what other peple think. He just goes out and does what he wants when he wants. Because of wario I was able to save 50k by the time I was 21 and buy my own house in straight cash. Wario taught me the importance of saving and stashing your money because some pirate or rival might try to steal it. Wario was essentially a rolemodel to me in a world where I grew up mostly parentless and became homeless at a young age.
To me wario is more than a game.
I know this might sound like a joke. but its not.
But wario is a way of life.
Looking back I wish I had joined this community earlier. I read these posts and think wistfully. "What if"
What if I had found this forum earlier?
Would I have tried to make games and would I know how to today?
Would I have made more friends based off of my real interests?
Would I be established in the wario community?
Maybe I could have even been helping make some of these games.
Some of these fan games that seem abandonned, maybe i could have encouraged them.
Maybe I could of voice acted in them.
WARIO IS LIFE.
Wario Land 2 was the 3rd game I ever played in my life. (before it I played pokemon red and then sm64 in that order)
I knew something was different about Wario.
He wasn't your average hero.
he was... dare I say it, actually expressive and likeable?

Weirdly enough, I didn't really get into Wario until *after* I had already joined this place.

That being said growing up I had quite a bit of exposure to Wario outside of just Mario spin off appearances. While I didn't own any Game Boy devices personally (did have a Game Boy player though), I had plenty of friends who had Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance devices. Wario Land and Wario Land 4 seemed to be games that all my friends owned and so had a lot of exposure to those. I also had some friends who were really into WarioWare as well.

Honestly don't really remember why I joined this place to begin with lmao. I think I just liked the community that was here at the time.
Thats ironic you got into the wario form then Wario Forum
AND
I been into wario my whole life but just joined the forum

Oh! This one is an easy one cause I remember it really well too!
Back in the 2000s (probs 2007 or 08) my brother had a ton of Gameboy color games and one of them was Wario Land 3!
I used to play it a lot but because I was really young I really didn't know what to do so I usually watch my brother play lol
I really love the sounds and level of the game a lot, I didn't know it was Wario until my brother told me that character he was playing is Wario
I still love Wario Land 3 to this day, it's my favorite ^^

After that, I played WarioWare Touched in 2011 I remember that too clearly cause my brother had an AceKard at the time (until he lost it) and it had lots of games in it and WarioWare Touched was one of them, and it was really fun! I would come back to it almost all the time, it's one of my favorites, back then my favorite character used to be 9-volt until it changed to Mona in the present- (I still like 9-volt don't worry hehe)

Sadly I wasn't too obsessed with WarioWare until I played WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames on the Switch- (sad I know)
I guess it clicked with me when I played it. I like the Wario series just didn't hit me until I played it on the Switch, I just love it even more lol!

Been wanting to try out the Wario Land series as well, I don't wanna be just a WarioWare fan but just a Wario Series fan in general haha!
(I even play him as Mario kart a lot now with a good build-)

I heavy recommend getting into the warioland series. The warioware series is zany and funny which don't get me
wrong WL is as well, however the WL series to me is more like "before wario got famous," like back when he had to "try to prove himself more," which shows cause wario is a badass in the series instead of a slovenly lump. Wario World is highly recommended as that's when imo we see wario at his strongest (other than smash).

Wario Master of Disguise, the soundtrack blew me away, but the puzzles confused me, then I played one of his greatest achievements, and then I played as him in Smash a lot.

Back when I was very young I borrowed Wario Land 4 from my friend, but mainly because I liked the music and opening cutscene of the game, and also because I liked the levels that he had played up to that point. (I could't actually play further in the game lol) I then bought it myself, completed it eventually, and came into contact with WarioWare as well, where Touched! was the first game I played. After that, my facination with Wario became somewhat stagnant, but about a decade ago I bought more and more Wario games, and still have great joy in playing them.

Back