How does Wario have friends?

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
(This is not a serious topic)
I'm not gonna tell you guys stuff you probably already know. So I will just straight up ask, how does Wario have friends?

Discuss.

For me it absolutely depends what 'version' of Wario it is. There's the gross weirdo, the macho wacky treasure hunter, the evil invader/conqueror etc.

I think the Wario from VBWL, WL2 and WL3 would be the most appealing to be friends with. He's not disgusting or crude. He's manly, grouchy, greedy and devious. NOT somebody you would want to cross, but a really fun guy to know.

(This is not a serious topic)
I'm not gonna tell you guys stuff you probably already know. So I will just straight up ask, how does Wario have friends?

Discuss.

People with lots of money tend to have lots of friends, no matter how shitty they are as human beings. It seems Wario is no exception.

I once was attempting to write a fanfic about how Wario met all his friends from WarioWare. In it, Wario accidentally helps all these troubled souls and earns their friendship, whether he likes it or not. It's similar to how in the Wario Land games Wario accidentally saves the day when all he cared about was getting treasure.

Each chapter focused on a different character. For example, in the first chapter Wario discovers there is a big prize money for winning a dance competition at Club Sugar. Not wanting to turn down a chance to make money, he enters it. There's one problem, this guy named Jimmy T who is sure to win. Wario decides to cheat by finding Jimmy's secret weakness. It turns out Jimmy was hiding his love of dance from his family because he was afraid they wouldn't approve. Being the asshole that he is, Wario invited Jimmy's family to watch the competition, knowing that it will ruin Jimmy.

However, something unexpected happened. Jimmy's family cheered him on! With tears in his eyes, Jimmy danced like he never danced before and won.

Jimmy and his family were now closer than ever and it was all thanks to Wario! Jimmy swore to be Wario's close friend from that day forward.

Wario has many, many friends. Around 300 now. :)

But the only people that seem to like Wario in-game are Jimmy T., Mona, and Waluigi.
I have a feeling that the bound between Wario and Jimmy T. is the only true friendship, but he does care about Waluigi too.

Have you SEEN how many people act like jerks? Heck, a lot of people like Wario just because he's a cool dude that doesn't give a damn about anything but his own tail. A lot of dudes like Wario have tons of friends IRL. It's cause they're funny, they can bant, and they're someone to have a drink with.

Wario is funny but not really the type I'd hang around with

I've never thought of the WarioWare characters as his friends... they seem much more like employees (or just random bystanders like Orbulon). I mean, they all get pissed off at the end of the first WarioWare game when he doesn't pay them!

I guess you could call Waluigi a "friend", though he's probably just a tagalong.

Back