How often do you play as Wario in crossover/spinoff games?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Mario sports games, Super Mario 64 DS, etc?

Do you always play as him, as a show of support for the series?

Or do you just play as whoever?

A very good question that you're implying.

I always main him the whole time possible in Mario 64DS, I barely play Super Smash because there's not enough Wario references and other games that I really enjoyed, now the spin-offs get something that always makes me come back; in these I always main as Mario, Luigi, Wario & Waluigi, sometimes the baddies, but they're pretty much my priority on any roster. It doesn't matter if they don't do references to Wario Land or Ware, if they have those four characters or at least Wario, I'm in.

Last edited:
He's definitely my choice for Mario Party and the like, but whenever the roster is too bad/big (Mario Kart and Smash come to mind specially) I just don't care? it's almost like it doesn't matter because I'm gonna be competing against a bunch of babies and anime waifus anyways so it kinda... undermines the feeling of a proper game to me, like its just super meaningless :c

My top three favourite picks for Mario Kart Wii are Daisy in Royal Rayer, Wario in Offroader and Diddy Kong on Bon Bon.
In Super Circuit, I played Peach in the past, and mained Toad later. I'm now trying to go towards Bowser, because you get more points for him, but as he was a bit too hard to control for me, I now play as Donkey Kong. Wario controls too badly compared to the amount of points you get for using him, in my opinion.
I've only recently started playing Double Dash, and in there, when items don't matter (time trials, battles) I like Wario and Daisy, in Daisy's car. In GP's I don't really use Wario, because there are much better items than the bob-omb.

My main in Smash, and he was my first pick in Mario Party Island Tour. Mario Party 4 I would just play as whoever...I think.

Though in Mario Kart...most definitely not my main. I pick whoever has the best acceleration, and it tends not to be him from what little I played. Though I may still do so for giggles

I use him the most in crossovers like Kart and Strikers. Occasionally I used him in MG:TT and Sluggers. In Smash I try to use him at least once against my friend irl and he's fairly good (especially as a Falcon counter somewhat) both Wario and my friend at Smash U. You could say I just support the series... a little too much.

I use him in Smash and in almost all Mario spinoffs, only exceptions is when there are really rare playable characters like Blooper, Goomba, Wario series characters, ETC.

Back