Huge WIP here

Miss Dreamy

The WarioWare Artist
I am working on something really special to me and thought I share some Wips (by that I mean 2) of the thing I am working on!
logoaaaa.png

turnartound.png

As you can see I am working on my own version of Mona Land! I say my own version because someone was already working on this as well, but I ask them permission if I can make my own version and they were more than happy to let me work my own version, so credit to them! ^^ [Link]

I have been thinking about this for at least 3 months now and I am doing my best to put so much effort into this because I can't really code this into a game but I can draw the idea lmao. I have put lots of thought into this and have a ton of ideas, I don't want to share them all here because I plan on making a new blog about this when it's all coming together but I do wanna share a few so people can get the gist and maybe help as well? There are going to be parts where I get stuck-

1. Obviously, Mona would be a playable character but so will Wario, if this was an actual game Wario would be the "Expert" mode for those who are well familiar with the Wario Land series. With Mona, she would just be normal mode, however, she would have different abilities and would play very differently from Wario.
  2. The story takes place when Wario was reading the new's paper in WarioWare Inc. and happens to read the news about different temples appearing deep within the forest away from Diamond City, of course, Wario wants to go to do some treasure hunting within those temples alone like always to get the treasure all to himself but Mona happened to behind Wario and invited herself to join in the treasure, this makes Wario mad but just let her join as long as he kept most of the profit and she doesn't cause any trouble (that's the story for now it might change)
  3. Bring back Vanessa from WarioWare touch, I wish she was part of Mona's life more maybe like a rival since Pizza Dinosaurs already hate Mona and in many ways are the bad guys in her stories in WarioWare either being the store's rival or even being the football rival team. So why not bring back Vanessa and make her Mona's true rival maybe try to stop her from taking all the treasure hehe
  4. Mona uses various amounts of tools in order to make her way through the temple
  5. You can dress her out in different outfits cause she be very fashionable lol

That's all of the ideas I have for now, if I come up with more I'll write is here since this is a HUGE wip of course haha
Hope everyone likes this idea too ^^

Last edited:
Another Wip here! A small one but I thought I showed it since this is the first time I actually had to draw Wario-
w i p.png

I have drew Wario before just silly little doodles of his face only so I am actually trying to draw his body and I am struggling a bit-
Once I get it right I'll post the full drawing :>

Oh wow that looks really cool! Love the idea of Mona getting her own game, especially after that story in a previous WarioWare title where she was exploring that temple.

Is this possibly gonna become an actual game? Or just an art/writing project?

Oh wow that looks really cool! Love the idea of Mona getting her own game, especially after that story in a previous WarioWare title where she was exploring that temple.

Is this possibly gonna become an actual game? Or just an art/writing project?
Really? Thank you! ^^
It's always been something I have hopped for to happen if there were another Wario Land game, having Mona as a playable character is like a dream come true! Plus I can definitely see her use her boomerang as a way to attack enemies.

Also sadly since I can't code it's going to be a art/writing project :>

Oh wow somehow I missed this. Very cool stuff, I had always wanted to see how the WarioWare crew and world could potentially fit in Wario Land. Cool concept I love how well thought out it is like your Ware stuff.

Oh wow somehow I missed this. Very cool stuff, I had always wanted to see how the WarioWare crew and world could potentially fit in Wario Land. Cool concept I love how well thought out it is like your Ware stuff.
It's still in the works but I am happy with my process so far! As much as I am focusing on Mona with this it would be an interesting concept on how the rest of the WarioWare Crew can fit into a Wario Land game, but for now, I am only working on Mona since it's been said that she has joined Wario in some treasure hunting adventures before :>
Also thank you so much!! I like to be as accurate as I can when working on these types of things! :]

It's still in the works but I am happy with my process so far! As much as I am focusing on Mona with this it would be an interesting concept on how the rest of the WarioWare Crew can fit into a Wario Land game, but for now, I am only working on Mona since it's been said that she has joined Wario in some treasure hunting adventures before :>
Also thank you so much!! I like to be as accurate as I can when working on these types of things! :]
Do you have any ideas on how they could fit in yet? (idea: could be a bullet hell stage/s like the original mario land where dribble and spitz help mona cross from one location to another) Those are fun :D

Do you have any ideas on how they could fit in yet? (idea: could be a bullet hell stage/s like the original mario land where dribble and spitz help mona cross from one location to another) Those are fun :D
Not yet, just giving more focus on Mona first before I can think of anything outside of character development. Like she will fight enemies using her trusty boomerang and because Mona knows how to use a baton in Smooth Moves I think that a staff will be a great secondary weapon for her to use! ^^
HOLY! I honestly really like that! Mona calling her friends to help her to traverse certain parts of a level sounds like a really cool idea! :]

Not yet, just giving more focus on Mona first before I can think of anything outside of character development. Like she will fight enemies using her trusty boomerang and because Mona knows how to use a baton in Smooth Moves I think that a staff will be a great secondary weapon for her to use! ^^
HOLY! I honestly really like that! Mona calling her friends to help her to traverse certain parts of a level sounds like a really cool idea! :]
Does Mona make use of her moped, singing, or pizza making prowess?

Does Mona make use of her moped, singing, or pizza making prowess?
Haha I don't know about her Pizza making ability but it would be a funny gag that she would still have to deliver the pizzas WHILE on her treasure-hunting adventure or uses pizza as a way to attack too haha! :monapizza:

Also, her scooter definitely, it's her way of transport after all! :>
And singing? Hmm Haven't thought of that yet, I really like singing as a concept of some form of skill either for hypnotizing or unlocking a puzzle, I should think about that thank you! ^w^

Haha I don't know about her Pizza making ability but it would be a funny gag that she would still have to deliver the pizzas WHILE on her treasure-hunting adventure or uses pizza as a way to attack too haha! :monapizza:

And singing? Hmm Haven't thought of that yet, I really like singing as a concept of some form of skill either for hypnotizing or unlocking a puzzle, I should think about that thank you! ^w^
Okay, the idea of attacking with pizzas is great. That should so be a feature or main mechanic, lol. It'd be very unique.

Okay, the idea of attacking with pizzas is great. That should so be a feature or main mechanic, lol. It'd be very unique.
In all honestly, now that I think about it that does sound pretty funny and fits with Mona so well.
Just throwing pizzas at enemies lol!

These pizzas are so hot that they can burn an enemy's face lmao!

maybe Mona's Pizza/Joe's Gelato can be healing items or something of that nature? Everyone loves power ups though that could be really neat like CM30 said :D (as long as if they don't like they you can dodge them to keep other power ups). I know however it turns out it will be amazing your art style is very cute and true to wario ware and the franchise is just a treasure trove in general :D
Also she's an exotic animal owner/tamer so thats another thing you could work with potentially. (her animals are so cute but very versitile)

Last edited:
In all honestly, now that I think about it that does sound pretty funny and fits with Mona so well.
Just throwing pizzas at enemies lol!

These pizzas are so hot that they can burn an enemy's face lmao!

That sounds awesome! Bonus points if the toppings give the thrown pizzas different effects too!

maybe Mona's Pizza/Joe's Gelato can be healing items or something of that nature? Everyone loves power ups though that could be really neat like CM30 said :D (as long as if they don't like they you can dodge them to keep other power ups). I know however it turns out it will be amazing your art style is very cute and true to wario ware and the franchise is just a treasure trove in general :D
Also she's an exotic animal owner/tamer so thats another thing you could work with potentially. (her animals are so cute but very versitile)

And that's a neat idea too. Integrate items related to Mona's WarioWare experiences into the game there.

Oh right! Power-ups, I completely forgot about that! I like your idea! Just having her past jobs sorta help her in a way. Like yeah the pizzas can either be her main attack or just a power-up she can gain throughout her adventures. I can see the Gelato being a form of a healing item however I also see it as like an ice power ya know?
I know she owns exotic animals so it would be an interesting idea that she would have to ride different animals in certain parts of the level, like how Donkey Kong contrey does it! :0
Also, thank you! ^w^

That sounds awesome! Bonus points if the toppings give the thrown pizzas different effects too!
Aw heck yeah!
Like heavy toppings like meats make it stronger however the range will shorten because of the meat toppings being heavy, so it's strong but the range is pretty low.
Lighter toppings like the veggies make the range really longer however the attack is pretty low.
Spicy toppings would make things burn
And that's a neat idea too. Integrate items related to Mona's WarioWare experiences into the game there.
Right! I have a list of items that I know she owns
Like her Boomerang, Batton, Guitar, Camera, motorscooter, and microphone.
Those are the items that she has in the WarioWare games that I can list off atm.
I can think of some that she can use however the others sorta seem like a minigame type thing

I mean hear me out, imagine she just swings her guitar as a bat and sends enemies flying lol!!

Thank you both for the ideas! It's really helping me a ton!
I can't wait to sketch these ideas when I have the time! ^^

The idea of pizza toppings being used to solve puzzles is amazing. Like damn, you could go truly crazy with some inventive ideas there, especially with fantasy ingredients that have interesting elemental effects or what not.

The idea of pizza toppings being used to solve puzzles is amazing. Like damn, you could go truly crazy with some inventive ideas there, especially with fantasy ingredients that have interesting elemental effects or what not.
Indeed! It's really fun trying to think about it!
Throwing cold pizzas sounds very fun haha!

I can always design random fruit/veggies with special elements to them that can be used for toppings, kinda like Legend of Zelda BOTW/TOTK they have fruits with elements like lightning, fire, and Ice. Maybe I can make up some elemental fruits/veggies toppings to give the pizza a form of elements to use on the pizza to help Mona traverse a dungeon/temple :>
Maybe add in other elements too like air! :>

Indeed! It's really fun trying to think about it!
Throwing cold pizzas sounds very fun haha!

I can always design random fruit/veggies with special elements to them that can be used for toppings, kinda like Legend of Zelda BOTW/TOTK they have fruits with elements like lightning, fire, and Ice. Maybe I can make up some elemental fruits/veggies toppings to give the pizza a form of elements to use on the pizza to help Mona traverse a dungeon/temple :>
Maybe add in other elements too like air! :>

How would an air pizza work out of curiosity?

Back