Ideas for the next possible Wario Land?

Personally, I think Waluigi could work well in a Wario Land game, especially if he got different transformations from Wario. Hell, maybe he'd get different versions of the same ones, like the ability to rapidly spit fire when set alight rather than running around on fire like Wario does, or the ability to become a ghost rather than a zombie when hit by undead enemy attacks.

Of course, you'd need to make sure switching between them worked well, and was something you could do at any time. Don't want to end up like Donkey Kong 64 with the annoying 'backtrack to switching point' setup here.

An idea for a next wario land could simply be a revenge story. after the events of shake it wario is out for blood (and treasure) against the black sugar pirates.

An idea for a next wario land could simply be a revenge story. after the events of shake it wario is out for blood (and treasure) against the black sugar pirates.

Dunno; Wario Land has already seen revenge plots before.
It could be done, certainly, and it could provide a good story, but I'm afraid that it will become unoriginal, or, perhaps worse, an 'excuse plot'.

Let's be honest, most of the stories in the Wario Land series are excuse plots. In some cases Wario just stumbles into trouble (VB Wario Land and Wario Land 3) and in others he just goes after it because hey, there's money in this (Wario Land 1 and 4). That doesn't mean the stories can't be interesting or that there isn't extra depth in some cases, but if you're looking for amazingly complex storylines, this is probably not the right series for you. Just like Mario, Yoshi or Donkey Kong Country isn't trying to be storyline focused.

Let's be honest, most of the stories in the Wario Land series are excuse plots. In some cases Wario just stumbles into trouble (VB Wario Land and Wario Land 3) and in others he just goes after it because hey, there's money in this (Wario Land 1 and 4). That doesn't mean the stories can't be interesting or that there isn't extra depth in some cases, but if you're looking for amazingly complex storylines, this is probably not the right series for you. Just like Mario, Yoshi or Donkey Kong Country isn't trying to be storyline focused.

The Wario Land games do not have complex storylines like some series do, but there's indeed still enough depth in them, and personally I wouldn't necessarily call them 'excuse plots'.
Especially in the case of WL4, which has a multi-perspective backstory with Princess Shokora being cursed by the Golden Diva and subsequently roaming the streets as a stray cat, and the archeologists like Dr. Arewo "Mad Scienstein" Shitain and others having had 'accidents' that 'hindered findings' (described in the manual as a rumour that everyone who entered the Pyramid so far didn't survive).
And let's not forget the ending, which is perhaps the most memorable of any Wario game. Even Wario himself, who is used to quite some strange things, was completely dazzled and surprised by it.

i always had the idea of the next Wario land game centering on Waluigi, maybe call it Waluigi land: Wario land 6, similar to how the first wario land was the third super mario land game. the game goes down like this

Story: Wario is getting ready to celebrate Waluigi's birthday with the help of his friends, when suddenly a hooded figure show's up knocking at his door with an army and a weapon of wario's past, the black jewel from Wario World. the figure kidnaps wario and his friends and takes them to his castle, we then cut to Waluigi in his own house practicing tennis when he recieves a letter from Wario in his mail, telling him he has a surprise for him at his place. it's up to Waluigi to travel around the world and go to Wario's house to see this "surprise", all while collecting tons of treasures along the way, while the hooded figure has a surprise for him.

the game would play entirely like a Wario land game and would bring back the transformation mechanic of previous games as well as new mechanics such as a few chase sequences and vehicle segments, as well as the timer from Wario land 4 and shake it.

The Game would also include captain Syrup as a recurring character with levels of Waluigi escaping her ship blasts.

the game would have 6 worlds

World 1: Jungle land: a generic jungle world.

World 2: Dry bone Dunes: a western desert graveyard inspired world.

World 3: Factory Forest: a forest inside an industrial factory.

World 4: Orbital way: a space level where you visit alien planets.

World 5: Warui Island: an island inhabited by people with the proportions of Wario and the people of diamond city who follow the philosophy of Wario. they know greed is good. this island would house levels inspired by previous Wario games like a beach level inspired by wario land 1 and 3, or a festival celebrating Wario. as well as references to previous wario games. the main capitol is Greedville.

World 6: Diamond city: in complete ruins under the rule of the Hooded Figure.

(Spoiler alert: the hooded figure is rudy the clown.)

if my idea doesn't work then they can just make a new Wario land game with waluigi as player 2.

Sounds interesting. I like the world themes there, as well as the return of Rudy the Clown as the main villain.

Waluigi as a playable character in those certain sections seems neat too.

i always had the idea of the next Wario land game centering on Waluigi, maybe call it Waluigi land: Wario land 6, similar to how the first wario land was the third super mario land game. the game goes down like this

Story: Wario is getting ready to celebrate Waluigi's birthday with the help of his friends, when suddenly a hooded figure show's up knocking at his door with an army and a weapon of wario's past, the black jewel from Wario World. the figure kidnaps wario and his friends and takes them to his castle, we then cut to Waluigi in his own house practicing tennis when he recieves a letter from Wario in his mail, telling him he has a surprise for him at his place. it's up to Waluigi to travel around the world and go to Wario's house to see this "surprise", all while collecting tons of treasures along the way, while the hooded figure has a surprise for him.

the game would play entirely like a Wario land game and would bring back the transformation mechanic of previous games as well as new mechanics such as a few chase sequences and vehicle segments, as well as the timer from Wario land 4 and shake it.

The Game would also include captain Syrup as a recurring character with levels of Waluigi escaping her ship blasts.

the game would have 6 worlds

World 1: Jungle land: a generic jungle world.

World 2: Dry bone Dunes: a western desert graveyard inspired world.

World 3: Factory Forest: a forest inside an industrial factory.

World 4: Orbital way: a space level where you visit alien planets.

World 5: Warui Island: an island inhabited by people with the proportions of Wario and the people of diamond city who follow the philosophy of Wario. they know greed is good. this island would house levels inspired by previous Wario games like a beach level inspired by wario land 1 and 3, or a festival celebrating Wario. as well as references to previous wario games. the main capitol is Greedville.

World 6: Diamond city: in complete ruins under the rule of the Hooded Figure.

(Spoiler alert: the hooded figure is rudy the clown.)

if my idea doesn't work then they can just make a new Wario land game with waluigi as player 2.

Whoa, that's a very meticulously fleshed out concept. I've read about the suggestion to include Waluigi into Wario Land many times before (I've written about it myself multiple times), but none of the ideas I've read of are as detailed as yours.
And I know some people are staunch opposers of Waluigi in a Wario Land game, but personally I'd totally dig it should it happen.
Waluigi FTW! :waluigithumbsup:

I know i don't really have much to say but i have a level idea for a next wario land game

Big Rig - Takes place on a heavily guarded oil rig in the sea during a thunderstorm with heavy rain when outside. Of course it's beeeeeeeg.

I think Wario should tackle the Metroidvania genre more.
I mean, they’re far more popular now and the open ended nature of the genre fits Wario like a glove. So why not?

Also, maybe integrate some WarioWare elements in there. Nothing big or anything that would make it less Land, but maybe like have Wario’s bike be an upgraded dash or have bombs that look like the WarioWare bomb which you can throw.

Also, while I like Waluigi and I’m not against the idea of him joining Land and having his own side campaign or something like that, I wouldn’t want an entire Land game where Wario ends up taking backstage to Waluigi.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this lately, and for me, the most realistic scenario takes in mind many things:

- WL4 as the currently most popular game in the franchise
- The rumors of VBWL having a cancelled remake
- VBWL being the only WL stuck on the Virtual Boy.
- The fact that WL4 is the only game that introduced a new gameplay system with no direct sequel that tries to improve on it

So, for me, the most realistic scenario, would be remaking VBWL but with waaaay more content (let's face it, VBWL but with better graphics wouldn't be enough) plus a gameplay system that improves over WL4. Of course, VBWL level design would be adjusted to fit with the WL4-2 gameplay. Maybe it's just me, but I see a few gameplay similarities between VBWL and WL4.

Or maybe this would evolve into its own game, unrelated to VBWL. I don't know.

I have this feeling an expanded VBWL game with improved WL4-like gameplay would perfectly work as the usual game intended to revive its franchise, with a great mix of old and new.

I can be down for a reimagining of VB Wario Land that takes notes from 4, kind of like Metroid Seamus Returns.
That said, I would much rather have a brand new game instead of a reimagining. But if we have to have a remake, than VB Wario Land is ripe for the picking.

Back