Is Wario underrated?

Well... Is he?

• yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
As much as I love Wario, his character appeal is not exactly huge. When you lay the cards on the table, he was extremely lucky to get even a third of the games and sequels he's had.
Wario was in a unique position, because his creators used him as their own creative alternative to making games with Miyamoto's Mario character. Think about what Wario has done, and not about pining for a new sequel. He already has...

SIX glorious, high-quality platformers
A 3D platformer/brawler hybrid
A really unique and intricate puzzle game that mixes platforming elements with Tetris (Wario's Woods - with both NES/SNES versions having different unique ideas)
And, of course, all the countless ingenius games, content, and concepts found throughout the 8 or 9 WarioWare titles.

That's a bloody good achievement, compared to other deserving characters and franchises throughout video game history, who did not get half so much!

Last edited:
now this nigga is underrated
1433775713237300.png

Stanley the Bug Man? When was the last time he'd even show up?

I daresay in one of the Game Boy Gallery/Game & Watch Gallery titles. Wish they'd make another of those. They could even create some new, interesting games for it... (but just like Wario Land, nobody seems willing to take up R&D1's old, less-popular franchises).

57631_front.jpg

I daresay in one of the Game Boy Gallery/Game & Watch Gallery titles. Wish they'd make another of those. They could even create some new, interesting games for it... (but just like Wario Land, nobody seems willing to take up R&D1's old, less-popular franchises).

57631_front.jpg

True. Game & Watch Gallery was fun, and it's a bit sad that they stopped with it after the GBA game. They made two additional ones for the DS though, but these are rare. The 3DS would be perfect for a new G&W Gallery, but as with VB Wario Land, the 3DS potentials are unused.

As much as I love Wario, his character appeal is not exactly huge. When you lay the cards on the table, he was extremely lucky to get a third of the games and sequels he got.
Wario was in a unique position, because his creators used him as their own creative alternative to making games with Miyamoto's Mario character. Think about what Wario has done, and not about pining for a new sequel. He already has...

SIX glorious, high-quality platformers
A 3D platformer/brawler hybrid
A really unique and intricate puzzle game that mixes platforming elements with Tetris (Wario's Woods - with both NES/SNES versions having different unique ideas)
And, of course, all the countless ingenius games, content, and concepts found throughout the 8 or 9 WarioWare titles.

That's a bloody good achievement, compared to other deserving characters and franchises throughout video game history, who did not get half so much!

This is a really cool way to look at it, havent thought about that.

Like, how many games does Peach have? I only know of one (its totally possible I dunno of others that exist), so as a character hes done well, yeah.

I guess you could say the Wario /games/ are underrated, but the character seems to have been successful : p

This is a really cool way to look at it, havent thought about that.

Like, how many games does Peach have? I only know of one (its totally possible I dunno of others that exist), so as a character hes done well, yeah.

I guess you could say the Wario /games/ are underrated, but the character seems to have been successful : p

Exactly. Wario's got more original games under his belt than Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi combined! He's done very well for himself, even if Nintendo don't sing his praise from the rooftops.

Very underrated, most people only recognize Mario...but they don't know the funnier and (In my opinion) BETTER character. Not to mention, I greatly enjoy Wario games more than I enjoy Mario games, and that's a fact jack!

P.S. You know Wario is underrated when your spell check wants to auto correct his name to "Mario", we need this to change!!!!!

at least with fan games inspired by wario land like pizza tower, antonblast, and treasure tech, he's getting some light shone* on him

(* is it shone? idk)

at least with fan games inspired by wario land like pizza tower, antonblast, and treasure tech, he's getting some light shone* on him

(* is it shone? idk)
I agree and the sales from Pizza Tower should be enough to make Nintendo drool and feel remorse for a missed opportunity. Then again Nintendo has always been known to go against the grain of what they should do ethically or reasonably. So at this point I can't help but look at Nintendo kind of like they are :
1692334790196.png
NO WE WONT DO WHAT THE FANS WANT, NO WE WONT HONOR OUR BUSINESS DEALS, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOO

Not really? I mean, realistically, I know a lot of people, many from similar and separate backgrounds to me and everyone I know has always been able to recognize Wario and appreciate both his badass anti-hero portayal in games like WarioLand and Mario Kart and his cartoonish goofy portrayals in WarioWare and Smash. No one I know genuinely dislikes Wario, and everyone I know finds him extremely entertaining and endearing.

That's only for his character though, and the games themselves are kinda indecisive. WarioLand 4 is DEFINITELY not underrated and everyone I know who had a GBA loves that thing. Only reason why it's underrated is because us of the GBA generation are kind of massively overshadowed by the vastly more known 3DS generation, but you'll always hear it as one of the best GBA / DS games. WarioWare Touched! isn't either because everyone I know who had a DS wanted to check that game out. WarioWorld is also definitely not underrated either as I frequently hear it listed as one of the best Nintendo games in general and ESPECIALLY one of the best GameCube games.

There are definitely underrated Wario games, Master of Disguise and Game and Wario especially, but the vast majority of Wario is mainstream and iconic to their system, it's kind of a stretch to say he's underrated.

Back