Big Magma mentioned Mario RPGs, I really really liked Paper Mario: TTYD. Like alot : p Its my favorite Mario game : 3 Id like to try the other PM games, too, especially PM 64. I have never seen anything about the game other than the advertisement for it, and to this day I havent played it : p Hope I can one day : p

I think that even for a Mario game, TTYD had some way cool RPG elements, like you could really costumize your party with badges, it was way cool. I dunno why its not taken as a serious RPG, other than being a "Mario game" : / I liked it a ton as an RPG.

I know this is a forum, but back tracking on reading? Only if it were an Ashley thread, I wasn't paying attention either, lol. That or I'm not good with remembering.

I don't do it for revenge, I do it when you (or somebody else) do(es) it, because I would rate posts that I think are dumb all the time, but that would be rude of me. But you do it without a 2nd thought, so I'll do it too.

I rated your post dumb because you're not even paying attention to what's going in this thread. You don't even like RPGs for the most part so I don't even know why you continue to posts in this thread. This isn't an Ashley thread and she isn't in any RPGs. This thread was to discuss RPGs that we like.

Well, this is a thread as you said to discuss RPGs we like. My Ashley RPG is a hit and I love it, even though it's a really early build. I don't wanna rush my friend since he has things to do too.

But right now it's looking real good, feels off but that's what you'd expect from an early beta thingy. Remember how I always said Ashley should of had her own RPG? well here it is, I hope everyone will enjoy it. I think this RPG game would be great, not just because of Ashley but for how funny it is. We'll probably have lovable and memorable characters.

I think we gotta make our own sprites for Red though.

Well, let's say you were talking about an RPG game you've played and I haven't, if I didn't know anything about it I'd ask how it is and what's it like. Like, you should ask me those very same questions or something about Ashley's story.

I'd say JRPGs are some of the games I've played the most of now that I think about it. Almost like anyone here my first games would have been Paper Mario and Pokemon Emerald ya know the babies first rpgs haha, but they were very fun and easy to grasp the concept. So much so that it made me interested in JRPGS, FF seemed interesting but it never really caught my attention. The style I was looking for would have had to have this big fantasy like setting with fantasy related monsters something similar to what I had played.

It was soon that I noticed this really interesting series with the thanks of SSBM and a character named " Marth ". It struck me as odd that an English version of a game would have a character well two that spoke Japanese. Upon reading about it at the time online I found out that it's a game series that has never made it to the west at the time. When a game actually did show up here it was two but I could only find Sacred Stones, and as a kid it really took it's toll on me. Especially since I never really played a strategic game, and it really absolutely fun. Reminds me of chess and the fact that you get characters that add to who they are and are given specific personalities and such made them more than just cardboard cut outs as so to say. Even online I also met a friend who enjoyed these games and he taught me more about the games and subsequently about the Tales of Series(which I still need to play more of).

Fire Emblem really opened the path for me to really want to try other games similar to it , at least story wise and perhaps gameplay. Soon enough during middle school and highschool I started to get interested in more Japanese-centric games as so to speak similar to FE and this lead me to finding a game company called Atlus. Atlus themselves have made a bunch of dungeon crawler games such as SMT, well a few on the SNES. Now here's a little funny thing, how I found out about this company and game style is buying a game called TWEWY, just because the art at least at the time reminded me of Fire Emblem(more Japanese centric games). Needless to say I enjoyed it and Sho pretty badass character and villain haha with his Geometry.

Started looking into the game company more and started buying and playing more of the companies games. P3 FES, P4, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, SMT4. These were quite different from one another as well. The Persona series being more fantasy/school life type while the fighting system being similar to turn base it was really fun I didn't even mind Tartarus in P3. Strange Journey was a tough game for me it played much like the older SNES games more of the dungeon crawling aspect it can really made you dizzy.

So far its been really neat playing these games and I definitely encourage people to play them as well, hopefully I can get P5 in the future when I do get a Ps4.

The only FE game Ive played that had Marth was Shadow Dragon, and haha I did not really care for it at all : p I actually got pretty bored with it : p

I was a huge fan of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, though. Theyre still two of my favorite games,

Oh and Atlus is awesome : p Im a big Atlus fan.

Surprised I haven's seen Golden Sun here yet. Those games were seriously the best thing that happened to the Gameboy Advance.
Nice graphics, AWESOME music, and I really mean that it is awesome. And the story and gameplay is beautiful.
Definitely play Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for the Gameboy Advance if you like jrpg games!

Also, this game was developed by Camelot. The very same developers of the Mario Golf and Mario Tennis Series. If you got a good ear, you might recognize it in the music.

I remember wanting to try Golden Sun when I was younger, my older brother had it for his old battery powered original gameboy advance. He never wanted us to play his gameboys though, and we could only do it while he was gone and not there to stop us. I never got the chance to try it, though.

Nowadays I dont really play too many handheld games, so its unlikely that Ill have my chance with this one. But I could try one day, if I can find it : p

I'm surprised to see there's no love for non-Nintendo developed JRPGs here.

I'll admit I haven't played that many because I have to be in a certain mood to play them, but I'm a huge fan of the old Squaresoft (Square Enix's old name while Square and Enix were separate companies). Chrono Trigger is my favorite out of the bunch, and one of my favorite games in general. The SNES Final Fantasy games are also fantastic. 7 is an excellent game, but has an advantage that 4-6 don't have. Secret of Mana is also very endearing, but it gets frustrating because it crashes quite often.

I've played the first two Paper Mario RPGs and I liked what I played of the first one. I can't get into TTYD. Mario RPG is fantastic and even though I'm not a huge fan of Pokémon, I really enjoyed Black and White 1.

Ive found myself gravitating to games that have RPG like elements as well. The best example is Super Paper Mario, which is my favorite from that series.

I'm surprised to see there's no love for non-Nintendo developed JRPGs here.

I'll admit I haven't played that many because I have to be in a certain mood to play them, but I'm a huge fan of the old Squaresoft (Square Enix's old name while Square and Enix were separate companies). Chrono Trigger is my favorite out of the bunch, and one of my favorite games in general. The SNES Final Fantasy games are also fantastic. 7 is an excellent game, but has an advantage that 4-6 don't have. Secret of Mana is also very endearing, but it gets frustrating because it crashes quite often.

I've played the first two Paper Mario RPGs and I liked what I played of the first one. I can't get into TTYD. Mario RPG is fantastic and even though I'm not a huge fan of Pokémon, I really enjoyed Black and White 1.

Ive found myself gravitating to games that have RPG like elements as well. The best example is Super Paper Mario, which is my favorite from that series.
To be fair, this thread seems to be about jrpg's. =P
Nonetheless, I've completed Super Mario RPG for the Snes multiple times and played Paper Mario for the Gamecube to death. Beautiful game. :)

nintendo=japanese
square=japanese
nintendo+square+RPG=JRPG

Rydia best square waifu.

tumblr_l678vfOqA01qcbea7o1_1280.jpg

Back