Metal has completely watered down the meaning of waifu.

JRPG games and series I've wanted to check out include various Square games including Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy series, Shin Megami Tensei and related series and I think that's mostly it aside from a handful of Mario RPGs I haven't gotten to yet.

JRPG games and series I've wanted to check out include various Square games including Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy series, Shin Megami Tensei and related series and I think that's mostly it aside from a handful of Mario RPGs I haven't gotten to yet.
You should totally check out seiken densetsu 3. It's easily one of their best.

Sadly to play some of the older SMT related games you'd either need a PS2 or get them through the Playstation store online with PS3 and Ps4. As of now there's still quite a bit of games on the DS and 3DS. Devil Survivor and SMT4 being one of the main ones. As far as Square is concerned try out their Romancing SaGa too.

I'm surprised to see there's no love for non-Nintendo developed JRPGs here.

I'll admit I haven't played that many because I have to be in a certain mood to play them, but I'm a huge fan of the old Squaresoft (Square Enix's old name while Square and Enix were separate companies). Chrono Trigger is my favorite out of the bunch, and one of my favorite games in general. The SNES Final Fantasy games are also fantastic. 7 is an excellent game, but has an advantage that 4-6 don't have. Secret of Mana is also very endearing, but it gets frustrating because it crashes quite often.

I've played the first two Paper Mario RPGs and I liked what I played of the first one. I can't get into TTYD. Mario RPG is fantastic and even though I'm not a huge fan of Pokémon, I really enjoyed Black and White 1.

Ive found myself gravitating to games that have RPG like elements as well. The best example is Super Paper Mario, which is my favorite from that series.

What? I posted some : p

Im not a big FF fan though : p But Chrono Trigger is one of my two favorite SNES games along with Breathe of Fire. It was way awesome.

Yeahhhh I love Atlus too they make some really good some reallygood waifus. For years I've been trying to push Magma to play those games like devil survivor, smt, and such.

Magma should play Shiren the Wanderer. He did say he wanted to try a Dungeon Crawler rpg : p

Rydia best square waifu.

View attachment 2107

latest

I'm playing Octopath on and off. It's great and all, but I have trouble holding interest in it. It just feels like something I've already seen dozens of times. I just have to be in the mood for these kinds of games I think.

Also I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted on the first page of this thread. The Last Story is my favorite JRPG no question, but I made no mention of it, weird.

I'm playing Octopath on and off. It's great and all, but I have trouble holding interest in it. It just feels like something I've already seen dozens of times. I just have to be in the mood for these kinds of games I think.

Also I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted on the first page of this thread. The Last Story is my favorite JRPG no question, but I made no mention of it, weird.

You said back on the first page of this thread that aidyn chronicles isnt an rpg? Not sute why I didnt corrext you, it is 100% in every way an rpg, undisputibly

Unless you said Jrpg, which then youd be right. It is not from Japan, no : p

Finally going to be adding some new cutie blades in the newest add on for Xenoblade. Haven't tried Torna : the golden country just yet but it'd be nice to finally be able to use Jin.

Okay I've finally pinned down what my beef with Octopath is. The story is so goddamn SLOW and uninteresting. It's a JRPG for Christ's sake, you can literally make the most fantastical story possible! I'm 40 hours in and the main storyline is nothing but a bunch of disjointed sidequest-tier conflicts. There isn't even a main villain revealed yet, Wtf? Where are the ultimate evils threatening to destroy the world and stuff? I don't care that a dog stole some throwaway-NPC's locket, there's absolutely no excuse for framing an entire chapter around that. Were the writers of this game sniffing paint-thinner or what? Don't they know ANYTHING about pacing, or writing a captivating story?

This game has the best turnbased combat of any RPG I've ever played, so I'm truly saddened that it had to be placed against such a dull backdrop.

I held off on Xenoblade 2 for a while, since I really wanted to save it for a time where I have no distractions whatsoever and figured vacation would be the perfect time, but then, roughly two weeks before then I saw the game in a store and said ''screw it'', because I was itching to try it out.

Best gaming related decision that I made in a while.

I adore the game and specifically took my Switch with me on vacation to keep playing. I'm currently juggling this game and WarioWare Gold, since I still have some rare Blades to get, Affinity Charts to fill out, side quests to do and unique enemies to hunt down.

But yeah, greatly looking forward to the expansion (getting the physical release) and I'll absolutely give the first two games a whirl as well.

I too have recently finished Xenoblade 2. im sure some of you already know that.

Originally i never had any interest in the series but then i saw Pyra and Nia. I came for the waifus, stayed for the story.
The battle system is fun if not too easy, i only felt challegened a couple times. maybe when i give NG+ a whirl i might get what im looking for. The gacha mechanics for awaking blades is poopy. Some sidequests are not the most fun. In particular finding obscure spots around the world from that Nopon writing in Torigoth. The majority of them are fun. Merc missions arent my cup of tea but hey atleast i can fill out 50 affinity charts i otherwise wouldnt complete.

But underneath that merely decent surface is a world with loveable characters and awesome music, and tits, theres alot of tits.

It was a good start for JRPGs on the Switch. But i doubt it will compare with that elusive DQ 11 i cant wait to get a taste of.

XC2 is really well polished, It didn't feel as difficult as the first two games in the series. Whether that be good or bad could be up to you, I don't really mind a challenge though and with the new expansion plus I feel there would be a lot more content where it drops off.

Gacha mechanics are always terrible really wondered why it was included in XC2 but oh well, it a bit hard to decide now which one of these I like better than the others having playing each 3 at this point. Slightly leaning towards the first in comparison, glad that each of these games have amazing European accents.

Now all I gotta wait for is DQ on the Switch, been putting off that gaming series for so long have only played the spin off games of Rocket Slime and Torneko's adventure which by the way is an excellent dungeon crawler series.

Back