Luigi's Mansion 3DS Remake

That's the thing, there aren't really any major game design flaws. Nothing unintuitive, nothing beginner unfriendly, nothing downright broken...
It's great the way it is.

There are just a few little programming quirks I'd fix.
Like how money can disappear while you are locked into an animation. Should be easy to fix too. Just pause the timer that the cash is on until
the animation is over.
Also, in the last room before the final boss it's really easy for coins to fall out of bounds, making a 100% run hell.
Maybe they could also make Sir Weston easier to get a gold rank on. :STongue3:
Even in the hidden mansion it's really difficult. Possible... but really hard.

I kinda hope there's another game mode after the hidden mansion that's even harder. :Devil:

That's the thing, there aren't really any major game design flaws. Nothing unintuitive, nothing beginner unfriendly, nothing downright broken...
It's great the way it is.

There are just a few little programming quirks I'd fix.
Like how money can disappear while you are locked into an animation. Should be easy to fix too. Just pause the timer that the cash is on until
the animation is over.
Also, in the last room before the final boss it's really easy for coins to fall out of bounds, making a 100% run hell.
Maybe they could also make Sir Weston easier to get a gold rank on. :STongue3:
Even in the hidden mansion it's really difficult. Possible... but really hard.

I kinda hope there's another game mode after the hidden mansion that's even harder. :Devil:

Well the main flaws the game has are that it's too easy and there isn't enough of it.

A post Hidden Mansion mode or making the Hidden Mansion even more difficult than in the European version would fix the former. Not sure about the latter though, not sure there ever will be a way to make Luigi's Mansion not a short game.

Fixing money disappearances when in animations and stopping them falling out of bounds seem like easy bug fixes to make.

And yeah, I guess make Sir Weston a tad easier too. I mean, he's a late game portrait ghost, but it's not meant to be the final one.

And yeah, I guess make Sir Weston a tad easier too. I mean, he's a late game portrait ghost, but it's not meant to be the final one.
Last time I tried to get a 100% cash run, I was stuck on him because I just couldn't for the life of me get his biggest pearls. Because he would always break off between 50 and 90 health. Even when using savestates it would always be exactly the same.
And he didn't break off because I hit something or because I wasn't draining enough health, it was aolmost like there was a damage cap or something, which can't be because you HAVE to be able to drain 90 health in one go.
It was very strange.
I think I eventually got him but it took what felt like 1000 tries. I tried going at it from different angles, with different rhythms, etc. But it never wanted to work.
Until it SOMEHOW ended up working eventually.

The PAL Hidden Mansion is challenging enough as it is, but for the extreme experts there should be an even bigger challenge.

...he would always break off between 50 and 90 health.
And he didn't break off because I hit something or because I wasn't draining enough health, it was almost like there was a damage cap or something, which can't be because you HAVE to be able to drain 90 health in one go.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
This still applies in the remake's hidden mansion.
But now it's even worse!
Strangely enough tho, it's not Sir Weston who's giving me trouble anymore, it's now Mr. Luggs, Biff Atlas, Miss Petunia, and a bunch of others.
Like, I've done nothing but reset and try over and over for what feels like hours, yet no matter how well I do, they always just break off out of nowhere.
Somebody halp, pls!

I played the 3DS remake. I had fun with it, but I admit, it was a bit of a struggle to find the least painful experience; this game taught me that the rubber nub on the New Nintendo 3DS is horrible. It also led me to find out people mod theirs by replacing it with a PSP control stick to make it feel better. For me, using the D-pad for moving the flashlight and vacuum was the least uncomfortable, though even it was a bit awkward. I got used to it, however.

Once I got past that, however? It satisfied my desire to revisit the original game, it has most of the charm intact, and I'd definitely recommemd it to someone who either hasn't played the game in a while, or never played it at all. Though if you have the Gamecube original, it might be worth it just to hang on to that one; I may prefer the remake in some ways, but if there's one thing the original still has over the remake, it's definitely the controls.

Back