Man..

Julian

Wario Fan Supreme
Capture.PNG
while looking up something this came up and seeing this side by side kinda makes me sad
I wonder why they changed the style tbh

I like the change in regards to Kat and Ana, they actually look like preschoolers now. The original ones looked more like short preteens to me. (Though I do miss the quirkiness of the original art style)

I like the change in regards to Kat and Ana, they actually look like preschoolers now. The original ones looked more like short preteens to me. (Though I do miss the quirkiness of the original art style)
The new designs are a mixed bag for sure, they do look like preschoolers now (good) but they don't look like Kat and Ana (bad)

I much prefer the original designs but probably the worst parts of the new ones are removing the pseudo-shading-ish lines from the hair and removing the "W" motif from their scarves (I liked when the old designs had the Wario/WarioWare W as a component of them! Crygor's still does)

Yeah, that's nice and all, but why are they so thicc nowadays? I mean, I know they're supposed to be preschoolers, but still... And what's with their shoes? Those aren't ninja shoes, are they?

It's because Ko Takeuchi's style has changed to a more cartoonish style since Game & Wario and he has applied that artstyle to the Ware cast. If you go on his Twitter account and what not, his style on his personal work is very much in line with the redesigns in Gold/GiT!

Now whether that is a good thing or not depends on taste. Personally, I prefer the original Mario-esque designs over the Gold designs for a number of reasons. That said, I do like some of the tweaks they made and the redesigns have grown on me over time.

Last edited:
It's because Ko Takeuchi's style has changed to a more cartoonish style since Game & Wario and he has applied that artstyle to the Ware cast. If you go on his Twitter account and what not, his style on his personal work is very much in line with the redesigns in Gold/GiT!

Now whether that is a good thing or not depends on taste. Personally, I prefer the original Mario-esque designs over the Gold designs for a number of reasons. That said, I do like some of the tweaks they made and the redesigns have grown on me over time.

Takeuchi's earlier style is still much better, I think, but I'm less bothered by the new art style than I was when Gold was realeased. On the other hand, the Game & Wario artstyle is actually quite a nice style. Minus the solid black eyes, that is.

Back