Mario Kart Arcade GP I + II Diamond City Rip

DabbitDaMips

Wario's Unsung Lacky and Scribe
:wariocaralt:I am going to attempt to rip the Diamond City Race Course from a Mario Kart Arcade GP isoWarioCar::.
This is my first time doing something of this nature :SpoiledRotten:so if someone is in the know any can do it more expediently be my guest. :perfectwario:

I will post again when there is more progress.:warioyeah:

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:
The files containing the stage (which I assume to be bgm19_stg5) are .dsp :geniuswario:

What I don't know:
How to pull 3D models and textures form .dsp:confused:

:freesmile:EXTRA: FOR CHECKING OUT THIS THREAD ENJOY SOME RANDOM PHOTOS FOUND IN THE SOURCE FILES OF MK A GP:orbulonoh:

Attachments

• Diamond City Course dsp I THINK.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 141
  • camtest01.jpg
    camtest01.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 107
  • camtest02.jpg
    camtest02.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 118
  • camtest00.jpg
    camtest00.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 104
I am going to attempt to boot Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 either thru Dolphin or Technoparrot using NR because using Neosis failed me and only got me these files.

I've hit a wall not being able to edit config on mario kart arcade to add coins in so I can play lmao
1674943444793.png

Attachments

• 1674923418551.png
    1674923418551.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 1674923379983.png
    1674923379983.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
this file might be the one containing the course model but unfortunately I'm not having luck with ninjaripper, datmaker to metaseq, neosis. Going to try other methods but still wouldn't complain if someone beat me to the punch

BONUS!!!! if someone does i will name a location in my rom hack which uses this course as a base AFTER YOU OR IN YOUR CHOOSING.

UPDATE: I've tried importLDraw addon for blender and only got a flat plane, probably the deathplane but it was the only .DAT file that successfully imported without error

Attachments

• diamond city.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 122
  • 1675174070360.png
    1675174070360.png
    407.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
WELL MY WARIOMIGOS!!! WE'RE MAKING PROGRESS! I can view the .DAT in HSDDAT (i have tried 20 or so programs at this point lol)
Turns out I was right and the files are indeed Dcity (but of course) Specifically they are in southtown_joint and westtown_joint
BUT HOW TO SAVE IT AS A DAE OR OBJ??? (HSDRAW is corrupting/unreadable by blender)

UPDATE: 2/3/2023
I am no closer if anything more confused. I have been pointed in the direction of a mythical version of Smash Forge made specifically or most compatibly with Mario Kart Arcade mesh formats. UNFORTUNATELY I have no idea which version of Smash Forge this is or where to get it.

lemurboy12
If you're out there. You're my only hope unless I wise up.
1675191534235.png

Last edited:
Currently have given up because time crunch is making it look like I should just design the city itself and it will be faster.
But the ZIP file in this thread contains the Diamond City Track. I wont post again in this thread until someone makes headway or I pick this back up.
(clock on elementary is placeholder)

Attachments

• 1675964931243.png
    1675964931243.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
Oh wow that's pretty cool! I like what you've done so far, even if you're not managed to finish ripping the whole thing. These tracks should be more available online.

That third picture has some rather dark history behind it:

Still don't know why tf they used this picture as a test placeholder of all the subjects they could've used instead.

That's actually really creepy ... are there other instances of Nintendo involving our Garlic-breathed hero in such unsavoriness?

Back