Mario Sports Series' Discussion

What's the best Mario Sports Series?

• Total voters
I'm very surprised how in the same exact moment when the Switch got datamined, most of the Super Mario Odyssey models got ported into Valve's SDK. I can almost taste these models.
00000972_06.jpg

Although only some characters got new promotional art renders it's nice to see that the character models were all updated and not just ported over from Ultra Smash. Being the weirdo that I am I was keen to notice such changes heeheehee.
MTA_Models_Toadette.png

New textures all around. However, her eyes don't seem quite right to me...

I for one think it's pretty cool that everyone (not just the princesses this time) gets tennis attire in Aces. The last game to do that was Mario's Tennis on Virtual Boy.

In general, Aces is looking like it's gonna have a lot more pizzazz and personality than Ultra Smash, and I'm hoping that its story mode has some dialogue and character interaction - especially from characters like Wario and Waluigi.

This is the first time we see a Mario Tennis commercial with such quailty:

How would Wario's match be? Against John McEnroe?

I for one think it's pretty cool that everyone (not just the princesses this time) gets tennis attire in Aces. The last game to do that was Mario's Tennis on Virtual Boy.
Not Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or Bowser. It looks like the non-human characters didn't get tennis attire. Which is odd considering we know that the non-humans can wear sporting outfits...

716px-Dksoccer.png

They just did this. Can't even complain about how long it took, because it looks awesome!

If you pay attention, they reused voice clips from the intro of Mario Power Tennis, 15 years ago! This cutscene also alludes that Wario is still treasure hunting.
Waluigi should wide open his eyes more often.

A pleasent surprise and I certainly liked it, but geez that's the worst any Mario game has ever been with reusing voice clips.

By that I don't even mean them reusing clips at all, but the ones they chose, they even still have Waluigi's 'he walks funny' from the Power Tennis intro, while he and Wario find the treasure, that's hillariously bad.

Still though, really nice this is a thing and the sight of Wario and Waluigi treasure hunting gives me life.

A pleasent surprise and I certainly liked it, but geez that's the worst any Mario game has ever been with reusing voice clips.

By that I don't even mean them reusing clips at all, but the ones they chose, they even still have Waluigi's 'he walks funny' from the Power Tennis intro, while he and Wario find the treasure, that's hillariously bad.

Still though, really nice this is a thing and the sight of Wario and Waluigi treasure hunting gives me life.
Still, impressive how they kept the recordings intact, specially the one where Mario shouts: "LUIGI".

I might be a bit too enthusiastic here, but with Wario returning to his treasure hunting in WW Gold, and him looking for treasures in this game again, could it be possible that the creators are foreshadowing something?

Back