Music discussion thread

So to try to reinvigorate this thread I pose a question to all who see this. Do you you usually prefer studio or live albums? When it comes to live performance I think it's more about seeing the band play rather than listening so I kind of prefer studio albums to hear what their real vision(does that make sense?) of the song is meant to be.

So to try to reinvigorate this thread I pose a question to all who see this. Do you you usually prefer studio or live albums? When it comes to live performance I think it's more about seeing the band play rather than listening so I kind of prefer studio albums to hear what their real vision(does that make sense?) of the song is meant to be.
I prefer studio over live because I feel like the crowds screaming in the background of songs are very distracting.

I definitely agree with the watching them play in a live performance. I actually like to watch bands I like play live on youtube just to see them play actually. Its way fun. I like live albums, if the quality is good and you can hear the group play, and if they played well enough. It can be way cool to hear what your favorite groups sounds like live if youve never heard them before. But I definitely would pick the studio album to listen to my favorite songs first.

Alot of groups have harder times playing their songs live, due to how they recorded the songs when they first wrote them. Like alot of bands like to use electronic equipment for their music, which sounds great on the recording but it really hard to pull off live, making it sound not so good when playing the song live. Thats not a sign that the band is bad in anyway, just that they lack either the funding or the ability to pull off what they did with the song live the way they did in their recordings.

At this I'm really too used to studio albums, since there is only one live album I've listen too which was Peter Frampton live. Didn't like how echoey if that is the right word that comes with live albums. Studio there's just this readiness that's presented.

Wish we had more masked musicians like The Residents. Do people like masked or just regular musicians better?

the-residents-circa-1983-poor-know-graphics-billboard-510.jpg

Also we need more kawaii as fuck ones too like Noodles and Nocchi

tumblr_o5ebaalgW01v2lreoo1_500.jpg

Sometimes I try to find music that is like music you find in video games and movies and such but I just find more video game music. I wonder if this makes sense.

Sometimes I try to find music that is like music you find in video games and movies and such but I just find more video game music. I wonder if this makes sense.

Stuff like that is a bit hard to come by due to how video games have more orchestrated music now, still some bands do sound video game like. Mainly electronic type bands like Underworld and Kraftwerk can have video game sounding music. Sometimes I believe even during the 80s certain pop musicians also have used synth music in the same way genesis music sounds.

Stuff like that is a bit hard to come by due to how video games have more orchestrated music now, still some bands do sound video game like. Mainly electronic type bands like Underworld and Kraftwerk can have video game sounding music. Sometimes I believe even during the 80s certain pop musicians also have used synth music in the same way genesis music sounds.

I try to find music in the style of certain WWE themes but I just get more WWE music.

I try to find music in the style of certain WWE themes but I just get more WWE music.

During the 80s they seemed to almost have a more unique vibe when it came to their music, just going on a Repoman theme here his theme just the instrumental alone is also pretty video game-y but yeah it sounds more like wrestling themes than video game sounding.

On a more serious note I'm finding myself gravitating more towards jazz-influenced music as well as ambient type music. When I'm on a computer I'll post a couple since posting links on a phone is annoying.

Well I guess now is my chance so I'm at a school library. This is what my music taste is seemingly morphing into:

Last edited:
Hotline Miami has some really good music that boarders on video game to band music. Infact I think it does use music bymusicians such as El Huervo.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/87824/h...t-cobains-favourite-albums-is-revealed-online

Woah @MonaWare and I was just talking about Shonen Knife a few weeks back, seeing one of their albums as one of Kurt Cobain's fav is pretty interesting. It is a very funny album and the songs in it are totally cool. 90s was very grunge heavy and even anime shows like Berserk had that very strange op. Makes me think not only wrestling but media at the time even in Japan really liked this sludge-like music which sounds hilarious.

Back