New Wario series sales thread

also Famitsu's ranking is now released and has the game as the 2nd best-selling of the week at 24.666 week / 59.383 lifetime (I have no idea which between Famitsu and Media Create is considered more reliable)

edit: okay this is the explanation I got

One of them don't track some retailers the other do and viceversa, most notable Famitsu doesn't track Amazon and Media Creat doesn't track download cards. Their extrapolation methods may also contribute when they differ.

Last edited:
Slowly getting there in terms of sales! Wonder what the final figures will be for this game on a worldwide basis?

According to the just-released NPD ranks for the month of July, WarioWare Gold was the third best-selling game for the 3DS (behind Pokemon Ultra Moon/Sun). Note that, unlike everyone else, Nintendo does not provide digital sales number to NPD

which really confuses me because the game launched in August??????

Last edited:
Shame we don't know what the sales are like worldwide about now. I'd love to know how the game's done in each region...

For the August 27 to Sept 2 period, Gold was #12 with 6.217 units sold, bringing it to a total of 85.627 according to Media Create

I am generally curious as to what the worldwide numbers are, I'd imagine that it's western performance still isn't that great, but it's doing okay for itself in Japan, so that's at least encouraging.

The third big Japanese sales tracker (Dengeki Online, which typically doesn't get as much press because it upload its charts later and only started in 2014) reports the game has sold a total of 100,470 units. Famitsu has also updated its numbers, bringing the game to a total of 96.283

So do you think it's at 100,000 worldwide? 200,000? Some other number?

Without any hard sales number anything I would say is talking out of my ass. That being said, I don,t think western sales (especially in Europe) were much

For those curious, here's how the Famitsu numbers compare with other first-party 3DS games (the site I got this from has yet to update to reflect the latest numbers, so Gold should be above Picross 3D)

1536237511651.png

Last edited:
For the September 2 - 9 period, the game was #17 with 4,013 copies sold according to Media Create, bringing the total to 89,640

The third big Japanese sales tracker (Dengeki Online, which typically doesn't get as much press because it upload its charts later and only started in 2014) reports the game has sold a total of 100,470 units. Famitsu has also updated its numbers, bringing the game to a total of 96.283

Without any hard sales number anything I would say is talking out of my ass. That being said, I don,t think western sales (especially in Europe) were much

For those curious, here's how the Famitsu numbers compare with other first-party 3DS games (the site I got this from has yet to update to reflect the latest numbers, so Gold should be above Picross 3D)

View attachment 8009

What site is that?

Back