Nintendo basically brought back the Jet Hat in Super Mario Maker 2...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Since that new Bullet Bill Mask lets Mario fly horizontally in the air the exact same way:

BulletBillMask.jpg

It's pretty neat, though it does make me think how awesome it'd be to see Wario added to Mario Maker 2 the exact same way.

Still, what do you think? Do you find it interesting that this 'new' item is basically just this powerup from Wario Land 1 again?

Yeah, ¡es grandioso! When I saw the new functionality of the P-Balloon I immediately thought back to the levels in Wario Land: Shake It! where you go in the hover car thingy and have to not get hit by the spikes, like Launchpad Labyrinth. I wonder if they're going to put more styles in the game though? It said "last major update", but I still want a Super Mario Land 2 theme.

Ah, I assumed that that occurred in Super Mario 3D World too. Is that not the case? I did remark that the P Balloon works quite differently in this game than it does in Super Mario World.

Ah, I assumed that that occurred in Super Mario 3D World too. Is that not the case? I did remark that the P Balloon works quite differently in this game than it does in Super Mario World.

Not sure what you mean, but:

1. No, the P-Balloon didn't work like that in Super Mario World. You merely floated slowly upwards, and could go left/right/up/down at a glacial speed.

The one here letting you blast off in different directions is much more fun to use from what I can tell

2. No, the Bullet Bill Mask was never in Super Mario 3D World. It's a new item.

Yeah, ¡es grandioso! When I saw the new functionality of the P-Balloon I immediately thought back to the levels in Wario Land: Shake It! where you go in the hover car thingy and have to not get hit by the spikes, like Launchpad Labyrinth. I wonder if they're going to put more styles in the game though? It said "last major update", but I still want a Super Mario Land 2 theme.

There's always the possibility for more updates and themes, though I heard from someone in the industry that Nintendo may be disappointed with the game's performance so far/may have scrapped a full SMB 2 one.

But I don't believe that. It's a really successful game from what I can tell.

Yeah, that would make zero sense. The sequel tops the original in every way. Well, maybe except for the fact that the first one had Mario Paint's Gnat Attack hidden in there. But still, I can hardly look at the original!

Do you find it interesting that this 'new' item is basically just this powerup from Wario Land 1 again?

It may have the same purpose, and it works the same, but it does look too different from the Jet Pot to be an interesting (from a WL point-of-view) addition to the SMM games.

1. No, the P-Balloon didn't work like that in Super Mario World. You merely floated slowly upwards, and could go left/right/up/down at a glacial speed.

The one here letting you blast off in different directions is much more fun to use from what I can tell
In Super Mario World you could move in all directions but it was slow and floaty. It would slowly go upwards if you didn't touch your controller, but moving it downwards is neccessary for the level "Tubular".

Back