Nintendo Direct 2.13.2019 2 PM PT

That was pretty "meh". The highlights were at the beginning and end. And the Smash talk was a big middle finger to all of us waiting for news.

That was pretty "meh". The highlights were at the beginning and end. And the Smash talk was a big middle finger to all of us waiting for news.
Last year was nothing but Smash Bros. It's honestly fine if they have one direct that isn't going crazy for Smash, I personally would rather see new games which is what we got here.

Smash can get a focus on a later direct.

Very happy about Rune Factory 5 and Mario Maker 2.

Bro, at this point it'd take a goddamn Wario Land for me to give a shit anymore. Mario Odyssey is the most recent thing I remember actively looking forward to and that was a fuckin' blue moon diamond in the rough my friend. From what you all are saying, I feel like I am missing out on nothing that I would deem important. Might look into it tomorry when RevampedSpider inevitably tells me I'm asking for too much and to that I say FUCKING WHY IS THAT. IS IT REALLY SO HARD? I DON'T CAAAARE ABOUT KHIII AND ITS 13 YEAR WAIT, THE STORY IS SHIT NOW, WHERE'S MY WL5 WE BEEN WAITING 11 YEARS FOR. I HOPE TO GOD THAT WARIO LAND PATENT LEAK from like 2 years ago EVENTUALLY LEADS TO SOMETHING

Jesus Christ, 2008 was 11 years ago.

Last edited:
The Direct gave me Mario Maker 2, Captain Toad DLC and the Link's Awakening remake, that's more then enough to make me go out of it pleasently surprised.

It was also refreshing to have a Direct where Smash wasn't a main attraction, nothing against Ultimate, but I just appreciate other games getting the spotlight more, after such a huge amount of Smash news, for months.

Wait, Link's Awakening remake? That's a hell of a lot more intriguing than "Switch version," wth 3WB

I think Metroid Prime 4 was gonna be a major focus but with that out of the picture for some time it probably threw Nintendo off. With that in mind, the Direct was alright. It had some cool stuff but it was definitely not gonna appeal to everyone.

Eh, too much? I was personally just hoping to hear anything about gen 8 pokemon or Animal Crossing. I wouldn't say that's too much.
hmmmNaaa, he's right, that is asking for a lot. You know how Nintendo is, they cycle through dumping a ton of attention on 1 or 2 properties and switch to something else every couple years. I mean, well, except for Wario Land. Our chiseled man's man just hasn't received any love for a good adventure in a while.

Well, at the end of the day, this direct was fine. There were few good things, there was stuff, that you don't care about (Happens every single direct ha), internet users are dissapointed (Happens at least once a year [Maybe..].). Results: Just another direct, nothing super new. Kinda surprised they said nothing about Mario Kart Tour, but that was pretty much the only announcement I was expecting...

I just wanted to finally see some Joker gameplay for Smash. I don't think that's too much to ask. He was teased a long time ago and a bunch of people already payed for him.

...And that. Yeah, one minute of Smash news was kinda troll move. Hey, at least we got to see his 3D model a bit! Also, bunch of people already paid for all 5 DLC characters, and we still don't know who they really are (Exept Joker, Duh).;)

Oh, and...

Post_The_Toast.png

I shouldn't be surprised, but it was good to know, I'm not the only one to think so:

Highlight from EarthBound's Reddit thread:
The LoZ fandom: “This looks awful! I can’t believe they’d do this in this art style! Betrayal! Betrayyyyalllll!!”

Mother fandom: “I wish they’d remake MY game that way. Hell, I wish they’d just release my game at all”

View attachment 9101

I shouldn't be surprised, but it was good to know, I'm not the only one to think so:

Highlight from EarthBound's Reddit thread:
The LoZ fandom: “This looks awful! I can’t believe they’d do this in this art style! Betrayal! Betrayyyyalllll!!”

Mother fandom: “I wish they’d remake MY game that way. Hell, I wish they’d just release my game at all”
kek

oh god I love it. this might inspire me to play the thing all the way through this time around. He looks like the elves from Rudolph <3
That said, I don't much care for the Unity 4-ass blurring at the edges. I could live with it when it was in Tak 2 because that was how you knew it was a Dream Stage, I don't want my character's eyesight to be as bad as mine. Plus, it makes it feel less legitimate, and more fanmade, because again, it looks like Unity 4.
what the fuck do Zelda fans care, anyway? The original game already looked like that just with shittier tech

Last edited:
Back