Official Waluigi Thread

Is Waluigi from some hillbilly family? Is that why he's so skinny from working all day? Is old Wario Waluigi's farm pal?

Crossover time:
com__the_running_plumbers_by_jullamox-d91ex5r.png

Dimmensions n' stuff
empire_waluigi_by_atomicdexter-d8zs8ov.png

How is he suppose to take over the mushroom kingdom and built the eggplant empire, if there is no kingdom!
wal_by_mistytang-d8cqrr0.png

Valve's biggest secret revealed!

smash__waluigi_by_professorfandango-d8oaizw.png

One can dream.

Notice that some Waluigi's artwork has a sequence:

waluigi.gif
WaluigiTennis64.gif

We always find Waluigi holding a bomb in Mario Party 8's artwork, but never throwing it:
1025596-star_carnival.jpg

Waluigi showing his beauty and taste in colors (Violet with Black? Wonderful!) once again. Dare I say he's more handsome than the original Wah-man himself?

Miyamoto mentions Waluigi & Luigi in an interview ten years ago:

http://shmuplations.com/mario20th/

"Recently, following the example of Wario, we’ve added Waluigi. If Mario had never played Tennis, there would have been no Waluigi! We usually design things that way, according to the necessities of the moment. Actually, you’d be surprised at how many people in our staff tell me, 'Mario’s always the main star, poor Luigi!' In fact, if I had to say, it feels like Luigi is more loved than Mario at Nintendo! And so we made Luigi’s Mansion for them. (laughs)"

I love Waluigi. He's so ridiculous, over-the-top, and off-putting that he circles back around to being incredibly likable. He's just kind of the weirdo of the Mario universe; No one knows why he's there or where he came from, but he brings his own brand of strangeness to the party whenever he appears.

Wario's probably the closest thing Waluigi has to a friend, and even they don't get along that well, with them hurling insults at each other in the Power Tennis opening, for example. I like the way Charles Martinet described their friendship: "I think they're just two nice evil guys who found each other."

Anyway, I'm pretty happy that - even if he didn't get into Super Smash Bros. - Waluigi is playable via the Mystery Mushroom in Super Mario Maker. I've already made several levels featuring our favorite lanky weirdo, and I look forward to seeing more of him in future games!

Back