Official Waluigi Thread

New Waluigi artwork:
super_mario_party_waluigi_by_soldierino-dcmw3sr.png

I'd like to see Waluigi in a Mario RPG game. I don't think I've ever seen Wario and Waluigi in *any* Mario RPG game and it would be interesting to see how they would hold up as RPG characters. If they were to partner with Mario and Luigi you could have them represent all four elements: Mario has Fire(because he is Mario), Wario is Earth(he is fat he can tank), Luigi is Air(he can jump high), and Waluigi is Water (because all the other ones were taken).

If they show up in a Paper Mario RPG they can have Volt, Ashley, and the like for Partners. It would be fun to see what interesting Paper stuff they could come up with Wario, and having Paper Wario rolling up into a newspaper to attack a Paper Poochy would be a sight to see.

Waluigi is Water (because all the other ones were taken).
Well there is a precedent for Waluigi and water-based attacks. His signature move, besides the Biellman spin, is him swimming through the air, and it's been with him since his first appearence.
air swim1.png

He's summoned swimming pools in tennis courts and bubbles around him to fly through the air in basketball, and he's the only main cast member who's had any association with water abilities without using power ups.

If they show up in a Paper Mario RPG they can have Volt, Ashley, and the like for Partners. It would be fun to see what interesting Paper stuff they could come up with Wario, and having Paper Wario rolling up into a newspaper to attack a Paper Poochy would be a sight to see.
You could even have Wario do these things if he and Waluigi were to show up in a Mario & Luigi title since transformations through damage is what he's known for.
Sadly, for the same reason we are never getting Waluigi in a Wario game, we are never getting any WarioWare characters in Mario spin-offs.
Although considering Waluigi's best, and seemingly only, shot at getting his own game is if Camelot makes it, a Waluigi RPG seems like an option.

So here's some cool stuff regarding Waluigi in Super Mario Party.
waluigi_icon.png

He's received a promotion of sorts and become the de facto leader for the new Time to Shine rhythm minigame. His image is the icon for the Rhtyhm Minigames in general and, whenever someone doesn't pick him, he seems to be the default leader on the stage for Time to Shine (even the instruction card is purple).
no one can outsmart waluigi.png

Whoever wrote his lines evidently remembered he is supposed to be the more brainy of the Wario Bros and someone who greatly values and overestimates his own cunning, which is nice because I think recent games and a lot of people seem to forget that Waluigi is not a complete idiot.
walu_die.png

His Dice Block's pattern is 7, 5, 5, 3, 1, -3. It promises 19 spaces with decently high rolls most of the time with a downside of average, inconsistent movement and the risk of losing coins. Not as self-destructive and extreme as Wario's (-2,-2, 6, 6, 6, 6) but it does require more tactical usage, which once again keeps Waluigi as a skill-based character and reflects his more scheming, underhanded nature.

He once again continues to be one of the more expressive characters, particularly in the Rhythm minigames where he dances and moves his feet in place. Most characters just have the usual stiff animations so I'm glad his wasn't.
hammer dance.gif

He is also back on his Michael Jackson bullshit from previous games to once again reaffirm he is the most fabulous dancer.
waa_dance2.gif
waa_dance3.gif

Which is why it saddens me that people seem so dead set insistent on the idea that Waluigi is a nothing character with no "real" traits and that anyone who likes him can only do so ironically.
The only thing he really has to him, that nobody can take away, is his personality and charm.
I find him to be a very lively and even ingenuous character who demans more freedom than the Mario series can give him, and if Nintendo's not going to give it to him, at least the fans can try their best to.

Back