Official Wario: Master of Disguise Thread

Can I tell you how good the soundtrack is? And how fun the dialog and plot are?
I also enjoy the visuals of the game a quite a bit, though not as much as the other Wario titles... I don't know, but 3D only works well on 3D planes for me. I don't really like New Super Mario Bros. for that...
The flaw in the game has to be the controls. I see what they tried to do, but they get quite frustrating after a while. I had so much trouble with the time trial stuff, I just never finished it...

Can I tell you how good the soundtrack is? And how fun the dialog and plot are?
I also enjoy the visuals of the game a quite a bit, though not as much as the other Wario titles... I don't know, but 3D only works well on 3D planes for me. I don't really like New Super Mario Bros. for that...
The flaw in the game has to be the controls. I see what they tried to do, but they get quite frustrating after a while. I had so much trouble with the time trial stuff, I just never finished it...
I totally agree on the dialog and the.
The other day I was playing the wii u virtual console version while my friend was watching. We were doing those sphynx riddles together.
We won and we laughed so much when Wario said to the sphynx: "Half lion half stupid! :D"

I Also really adore the soundtracks. Some are very forgetful, though. But the final boss theme and the regular boss theme are really good!

Funny how this topic popped up since I ordered a few used Wario games today, including Master of Disguise. :LOL:

Favorite episode? It's been ages since I played so I don't remember exactly, but I do remember the lava swimming stage being a lot of fun. Great music in that stage too.

Next topic: What are your favourite enemies in Wario: MOD?
Mine are the Robo-Knights, the Museum Guards, the Robo-Fish, the dolphins and the Ship Crew.

Fav is the muscle dolphin invasion.

jojo_dolphins.png

I'd love to try and buy myself a copy of this game, because I know literally nothing about it. Do you guys generally recommend the game as a whole?

I'd love to try and buy myself a copy of this game, because I know literally nothing about it. Do you guys generally recommend the game as a whole?
That's a tricky question.
Some people say it's great while others say it is awful.
I make pro and contra list.

Pro:
It has very nice pixel graphics.
The music is good.
It has 134 Treasures with their own text to collect. (Giving it a replay value)
The dialogue can be fun.
Every enemy has it's own backstory

Contra:
It only has ten main-levels (most of them take 20 to 30 minutes if you want to collect all treasures)
A phase of the final boss is known to be hard but once you figured out what to do it isn't that hard.
Many say the controls are bad but i personally have no problems. You only use the +button and the touchpen.

All that said: I would say if you find this game for ten bucks i would take it. You can also download it on the Wii U.

I like it. I feel the hate it gets is undeserved. Don't expect a Wario Land game--it's nowhere close to that level of quality and polish--but at the end of the day it's a decent one-off Wario adventure. The stylus controls can get annoying and some of the design choices are questionable, but all-in-all it's something I'd say a Wario fan should play through at least once. If nothing else it's a bizarre "oh yeah, THAT happened" novelty entry in the series. The game is gorgeous to look at and the writing is hilarious as well, Wario is in top form here.

So yeah, if you're a Wario fan (and you're a member here, so..you are) I'd say it's worth your time.

I love the "bonus episode" at the end, personally. I know some people say the main ending is disappointing... but I think the post-game interactions during said quest make it all worth it.

Seeing this thread reminded me to go looking for this file (I never posted it on SC, to my chagrin).

Count Cockroach

Attachments

• BGM_RIVAL.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:
I'm getting this game - what should I know before playing?

If you played any other Wario game, despite looking like a Wario Land game in terms of gameplay, it plays and feels nothing like one.
You may feel handcramps or arms tired after a while.
Enjoy reading, the dialogue is probably the best part of the game.

If you played any other Wario game, despite looking like a Wario Land game in terms of gameplay, it plays and feels nothing like one.
Okay... I have played Land 4 and enjoyed that, but I will keep an open mind!
You may feel handcramps or arms tired after a while.
Uh oh, I hope not!
Enjoy reading, the dialogue is probably the best part of the game.
I love some good game dialouge!

Thank you for responding!

Partway through episode 4 at the mo.
Some thoughts on the game:
It's good!
Episode 3, however, had a confusing layout and the Sphinx questions were too hard.
Haven't got Wicked Wario yet, but I like most of the disguises! :geniuswario:
But... Sparky and Captain are situational as hell.

Wait... they get extra powers with mastery gems?
Watch this space, Sparky and Captain could get cool powers yet...
(Also I discovered Wario does not fall when shocking in midair, meaning you can cheese platforming that requires timing) :wickedWario:

Back