Well just people being too aware of the choreographed nature of wrestling nowadays compared to in the past. Wrestlers used to be larger than life figures and people would eat it up. People really got behind their favorite faces and despised the heels. Sgt. Slaughter's early 90s Iraqi sympathizer gimmick got an almost dangerous amount of heat but you wouldn't see that kind of thing nowadays since people are well aware it's not real. As for the Benoit thing I'm not really sure but I guess the incident placed an extra amount of emphasis on the safety and health of the wrestlers with a lot of precautions taken to water down wrestling as a whole.

Ah, cant watch the video : / And no idea who that guy is.

I do kinda wish that we could make a return to less than realistic wrestlers, though. Like I pointed out with Randy Orton, I think alot of these realistic gimmicks are just too tacky to wanna buy into. With something as cheesy as pro wrestling, it seems like the more comical characters are the more interesting ones to watch.

I remember really being a Glacier fan when I watched WCW growing up, haha. I thought he was way cool.

I also am not too big on every WWE PPV having a gimmick, btw. Like Money in the Bank, Elimination Chamber, Night of Champions, it feels like so many of them have some kinda theme, I kinda like just having a PPV set on a good rivalry, haha. I mean I enjoy these to some extent, like Royal Rumble was a way awesome idea. But when every PPV has some event to it, it kinda feels redundant.

But haha, thats a minor complaint, especially considering I do not currently watch wrestling anyways : p

Maybe having a good battle of factions could really help make it interesting again. Like WCW did with the NWO. I dunno if such a thing could be pulled off wthout looking like the NWO, though : /

max_moon.jpg

Kind of a weird story behind this guy. Basically a Cuban wrestler named Konnan who's popular in Mexico was briefly with the WWF and was trying to develop some sort of future space man type of gimmick. Vince bought into it and apparently thousands of dollars were invested into this gimmick. Konnan soon left the WWF and the gimmick was given to some random guy on the roster who fit into the costume. The gimmick was unpopular and quickly abandoned.

Haha, hey! Konnan from WCW? Haha I really liked Konnan a bunch : p I had no idea he had this tacky and lame gimmick in WWE, though, hahaha : p I like the comic appeal to wrestling, though admittingly a futuristic space man is a bit too much to buy into : p But thats great, haha.

Oh, did anyone here like Goldberg, btw? Hes someone who gets alot of hate now, but I actually thought he was way cool : p I still like him, he was way fun to watch : 3

Oh right I forgot he was in WCW as well as part of the NWO. Goldberg I think for what he is pretty cool. Far from the most technical and versatile wrestler but still pretty entertaining to watch and had some pretty good matches. I think the exaggerated streak was kind of dumb though.

Goldberg was cool, and really intimidating. I think part of the appeal was just seeing not if he would win again, but how he would go about beating his enemy.

love Booker T's reaction: "who's this motherf*****"
Even if he didn't trip this promo would've still been awful though not as hilarious

so

i got this

this is the wrestling game to end all wrestling games, right

This is my new favorite wrestling game, yes : p

Haha, that gameplay actually looked terrible : p Did not look fun at all : p Was surprised to see Kevin Nash and Ric Flair on there, though. That was cool, Im a huge fan of both of them. Missing Scott Hall, though. Thats not so cool.

Oh, good question though, what wrestling games do you guys like?

Also, what do you guys think about the NWO compared with D Generation X btw? Ive been thinking about that one lately. Like, what did you think about D Generation X when it came about, after WCW already did the NWO thing. Did you think it was an original storyline? Do you think it was as good as the NWO thing, or better? What did you think of the two groups on their own? (Am having a hard time wording the question in my head : /)

Cool. Are you interested in the WWF Smackdown from 1999 or 2000?

You mean the show? Actually I went a bit without wrestiling due to not having cable, and I /literally/ did not get back into it until right when WWE bought out WCW and started the entire Alliance thingy. I even missed out on WCWs "bad" phase, when they changed their logo and everything, and didnt get to see it until the internet. So I dont think I even saw Smackdown until then. I did know about Raw though, and I also had every WWF game for N64, and talked about the show with the neighborhood kids (everyone liked wrestling back then : p) And yeah I often talked about how great WCW was, but I was a fan of WWF too, and I loved wrestlers such as Steve Austin, Undertaker, Kane, The Brood, Mankind, HHH, Goldust and others, I was definitely a fan of them at that time, too, even being a big WCW nerd : p But I didnt watch Smackdown until after WCW ended.

Ah, that bites to hear about Bret. His whole life seems kinda sad, his brother, what happened to him in WWF, how his career in WCW was a pretty big flop, kinda feels like nothing really worked out well for him.

Fun fact about Bret, alot of people claim Sting took his scorpion death lock move from Bret's sharpshooter, but Sting actually did it first. And Sting took it from some Japanese wrestler, anyway, so neither of them created it : p

It has been over a month but I finally got it. For some reason it shipped from France and went through Spain.

Back