tumblr_n8nxh6VUvU1sqxw6oo1_500.png

RITA REPULSA AND LORD ZEDD STAND NO CHANCE BROTHER!!

I like this theme

Weapons arent just welcomed.....Theyre allowed

I dont care for that theme : p But I dunno, Ive always hated these rock song themes for wrestlers. Im really stuck in the past and have a thing for the old custom music of the 80s and 90s, and find myself annoyed by the cringey themes they use today, haha. Sadly I seem to be the only person who feels this way : p

I did kinda like his old thene though. I liked him back in evolution.

Its sad how much hes been forgotten. I think he was one of the best wrestlers of the 90s, but no one talks about him anymore. Even like when people are arguing the dumb claim that wcw had no home grown stars of its own, ddp is almost never mentioned. Wonder why hes so forgotten, outside wwe making him a joke.

I loved that period in wwe, too. Though I probly only watched up until 2003. I loved the evolution story though, and seeing brock lesnar on smackdown. I remember hhh and Chris Jericho were my favorites at the time, its kinda funny as I dont like them as much now, haha.

I enjoyed pro wrestling growing up and the years between 1993-2003. When I finally learned that it was a scripted show I lost interest. I've been trying to get back into but I don't know if I'll ever feel the same. I also hate seeing them take a 2 or 3 hour show and half of it is mic work. I mean if you have the charisma of The Rock or Stone Cold & Jericho it's interesting, but everyone is so boring now.

Ive kinda felt it was more interesting after learning it was scripted, I think : p I mean growing up, I didnt care about whether or not it was real, it was just fun to see bigger than life characters battle it out over whatever issue theu wrre facing at the time, haha.

And I mean a part of you knows it isnt "real", I mean its not like the undertaker was really undead. I only ever cared about it being real because other people would criticize it for not being real, as if you were dumb for not liking it. I never knew how to respond to such a thing, I mean I wasnt gonna argue that it was real, but I never really understood how to explain wrestling, or why I liked it. After learning its all scripted, with professionals performing the stunt work as well as the acting, it all kinda made sense. I didnt have to treat it like a sport, the whole thing is a show, and its okay that its a show : p If I can suspend my disbelief when playing a video game, I should be able to do so with wrestling, haha.
Also, I feel the same way about wrestling today mostly. Like even just looking at pictures of them, I dont like what I see. I always liked seeing those big guys with long hair acting like supernatural beings, but nowadays it seems that average sized guys with gelled hair are whats cool, and they dont capture my imagination. I get that people are bored of slow moving matches and wanna see fast performers who do alot of movement, and thats fine. Its just that for me, those bigger than the average man characters were a part of what made the show fun, for me.
Ive seen some of them though, and they are good and are fun to watch. But at some point it also reminds me that I miss what wrestling used to look like, haha.

@Wario2k @MonaWare
I'm someone who's into the behind the scenes sort of stuff and so knowing that wrestling isn't real isn't a problem for me and in fact probably makes it more interesting for me. I like hearing crazy backstage stories and also learning about the wrestlers as people kind of makes me end up being more invested in them and their character. It is a bit of a double edge sword since most wrestlers, especially from the 80s and 90s, aren't exactly saints.

And also, a good wrestling match can really lure you in and make you forget it's fake completely.

Back