Shantae Thread

Such a cutie patootie

CmYLG_IUMAAOpGN.jpg

There's some really solid Shantae fanart out there, but you also get some super-weird stuff if you search it on Deviantart. Like, more than usual.

I'm of the opinion that the series has gone from good to great with each entry, as Pirate's Curse is easily my favorite so far. Also contributed to Half-Genie Hero's crowdfunding and will be getting a PS4 code as a result.

There's some really solid Shantae fanart out there, but you also get some super-weird stuff if you search it on Deviantart. Like, more than usual.

I'm of the opinion that the series has gone from good to great with each entry, as Pirate's Curse is easily my favorite so far. Also contributed to Half-Genie Hero's crowdfunding and will be getting a PS4 code as a result.

Unfortunately, when you have a series as good as Shantae with a cast almost entirely consisting of beautiful women, the weird fan art is going to come out in droves. I just try to ignore it.

Glad to hear you backed the game! It's going to be the best one yet, I have no doubt.

ur4l3xV.gif

Last edited:
I just read something even I didn't know: The character Shantae was originally created in 1994, eight years before the release of her first game.
This makes Shantae (in theory) nearly as old as Wario, who was created just two years earlier!

I also noted the similarities between the Wario and Shantae series: In both Wario and Shantae you use transformations to advance and both have a pirate as arch-enemy.
And oh, Wario and Shantae have both pointed ears and shoes. Bet you didn't notice that. :)

I just read something even I didn't know: The character Shantae was originally created in 1994, eight years before the release of her first game.
This makes Shantae (in theory) nearly as old as Wario, who was created just two years earlier!

I also noted the similarities between the Wario and Shantae series: In both Wario and Shantae you use transformations to advance and both have a pirate as arch-enemy.
And oh, Wario and Shantae have both pointed ears and shoes. Bet you didn't notice that. :)

Beautiful. Perhaps there's something about this particular combination of attributes that both series have that makes us drawn to them so much...

Who knows. Posting more Shae Shae

1453930587886.jpg

Last edited:
I backed it. I'm hoping at least one of the games I backed on Kickstarter is great (I only ever backed two; Mighty No. 9 was the other one...*sobs*).

Been something of a follower of the series ever since I got 3DS and played Risky's Revenge. It's an enjoyable one, to be sure, though the original game...I don't think time was very kind to it.

This next one will hopefully start to undo the stain on Kickstarter left by Mighty No. 9. Of course, Wayforward has proven they know what they're doing, so I have faith in them.

I backed it. I'm hoping at least one of the games I backed on Kickstarter is great (I only ever backed two; Mighty No. 9 was the other one...*sobs*).

Been something of a follower of the series ever since I got 3DS and played Risky's Revenge. It's an enjoyable one, to be sure, though the original game...I don't think time was very kind to it.

This next one will hopefully start to undo the stain on Kickstarter left by Mighty No. 9. Of course, Wayforward has proven they know what they're doing, so I have faith in them.

It's gonna rock, I have no doubt. Unlike Comcept, Wayforward has a proven track record of greatness, especially with Shantae.

shantstance.gif

Inafune has a huge ego and thinks he's bigger than he is, and I think that's where a lot of the problems with MN9 started. Wayforward doesn't seem like that at all because honestly I knew that Shantae had existed, but never heard a peep from many people about it until this site.

Things seem to point to Inafune having an ego, anyways. The only thing allowing me to have any sort of faith in ReCore is the developer Comcept's working with...and even then, I can't say said other developer has the control they should have.

I don't see the end result of that one looking good for them either way; if it's bad, people will say it's because Comcept screwed it over, and if it's good, it will probably be despite their involvement.

But enough rambling, this is the Shantae thread. I think the artstyle in this upcoming game is adorable, and I love adorable art styles.

Art's not bad in the other games, but it only seems to improve with each entry.

I hope Wayforward manages. I'm glad to see there's faith; I have faith myself, as I said. That said, a tiny shred of doubt is there...which, admittedly, may be unreasonable, but I do feel it's better to be safe than sorry. Just trying to keep my hype at reasonable levels, is all.

Things seem to point to Inafune having an ego, anyways. The only thing allowing me to have any sort of faith in ReCore is the developer Comcept's working with...and even then, I can't say said other developer has the control they should have.

I don't see the end result of that one looking good for them either way; if it's bad, people will say it's because Comcept screwed it over, and if it's good, it will probably be despite their involvement.

But enough rambling, this is the Shantae thread. I think the artstyle in this upcoming game is adorable, and I love adorable art styles.

Art's not bad in the other games, but it only seems to improve with each entry.

I hope Wayforward manages. I'm glad to see there's faith; I have faith myself, as I said. That said, a tiny shred of doubt is there...which, admittedly, may be unreasonable, but I do feel it's better to be safe than sorry. Just trying to keep my hype at reasonable levels, is all.

Understandable, Mighty No 9 kind of shit the bed for a lot of people as far as kickstarter goes.

Being conservative, I think we can safely expect a game at least as good as Pirate's Curse.

Inafune has a huge ego and thinks he's bigger than he is, and I think that's where a lot of the problems with MN9 started. Wayforward doesn't seem like that at all because honestly I knew that Shantae had existed, but never heard a peep from many people about it until this site.

Absolutely right. They're a pretty humble developer. Not to mention that, so far, they've delivered on every promise they have made with this kickstarter, which we all know MN9 certainly did not. I hate that there has to be a comparison of the two all the time, but unfortunately the fact that they're both kickstarted platformers kind of invites it.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Back