Share your Wario Land remixes/covers here!

Requested by Wario Wario, aka wariodeltaruneofficial on SoundCloud, a waarangement of Terrormisu.

Attachments

• Terrormisu_2.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 425

An original WL3-style tune I made in FL Studio. Simplistic and only-really-okay, but whatever.

I remembered the critique I got on this, so I got sidetracked from what I was originally going to post, and went back to update this on a whim. Edit: yeah yeah, I know the harmonies are shit in a bunch of places, I'll fix it a bit later.

The original thing I was going to post was this second file

EDIT:

Attachments

• Gusty Woods.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 345
  • 40 Secrets in that Fridge.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:
this second file
I asked a friend of mine to create a drawing (for this, of course)-- "a picture of a somewhat open fridge, where it's clear that there's a big room on the other side". I then said "the inside would look something like this", posted a pic of one of Mario Sunshine's secret levels, then added "only with snow and icicles and things".
Charger342 said:
oh heck yea i can : D
fridge.png

bruh I didn't even ask for the M. that shit strengthens the picture's composition so fuckin' hard

No, just someone who likes Super Mario World custom music, and is using some of it for a project I'm working on.

I'm gonna guess he's a member here too.

If so, hey KKevinM! Love your music ports and custom sprites!

(Sort of a typical Top 5 Highlights list, but whatever)

Probably my best WL4 soundfont work arrangement-wise would be this incredibly obvious Asian spoof of Wario Land 4's Domino Row theme:

The one that I want to hear being applied into an actual WL4 fangame the most vehemently, for obvious reasons, is this remake of Super Metroid's Brinstar themes (with the Upper portion simply being a rather impressively spot-on "80s rock" take on the original theme while the Lower portion is just plain otherworldly spectacular and easily, by far, one of the best takes on both the song itself and its original NES Kraid predecessor to date):

The one that is the most underrated by a landslide (including by its own creator as well) would have to be this Courage TCD medley:

And the one that nails the overall tone of the original song(s) that it's cloned from the most would have to be this Techno Boss Battle remix:

Followed closely by this medley of Geothermal, Labyrinth Fight and Moonsong from Cave Story:

(I'm posting these all at once mainly because the levels/bosses that they imply the potential future inclusion of would mostly all be fantastic ideas for a new Wario Land fangame, barring Nowhere due to the fact that it would make absolutely no sense as a Wario Land level; the songs themselves are also especially impressive for being made in LMMS, and if remade into better sound QUALITY, every single one of them would be borderline perfect)

Oh, and just as a nice little bonus, here's even more proof of just HOW great of a song remake Lower Brinstwar really is:

Attachments

• Reverse Lower Brinstwar.mp3
    5.6 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:

The sawtooth sounds a bit too thin, and the lower part of it overpowers the higher part a bit, unlike the original. The brass sample you're using also has a little bit of a clicking problem. This remix is fucking phenomenal, though. Dig that EP, for example: sounds just like I'd imagine an HD version of that sound, especially once the tune's kicked into high gear and it's able to go to town in the background. Also, clicking sound aside, the brass sample is also very nice to listen to.
Your 'Deow' bass is also that much more accurate here, very pleasing to the ear. I think if you boost the low frequencies a leeeetle bit and find a way to layer WL4's [120,2] preset underneath it, you might just have the closest approximation to the "Deow" we've seen to date.

(Sort of a typical Top 5 Highlights list, but whatever)

Probably my best WL4 soundfont work arrangement-wise would be this incredibly obvious Asian spoof of Wario Land 4's Domino Row theme

You are very talented, I must say. I especially like your skill in making use of the ''WL4 Organ'' sound, if you know what I mean. It works really well with relaxing songs in particular. Anyway, good work!

87W2.gif

That's how a WarioWare intro should be remixed!

Back