Share your Wario Land remixes/covers here!

Okay, so I thought up a little jazz ditty, a sort of Tom and Jerry kind of brass blare, and before I forgot it I wrote it down. Then, because it was so short, I had the brilliant idea of turning it into Microgame BGM. I added some sound effects, a bass line, an acoustic guitar backing, added a harmony reminiscent of the Brass from that Wario Jewel Thief Escape! microgame's harmony, and here we are.
And here's the version for 000 in Top Score mode

Attachments

• Gossip! Default.mp3
    94.8 KB · Views: 283
:D
(this is the midi I ripped from wl4 using Bregalad's converter, just with changed instruments, but even still, :D)

Sound very Wario Land 3-like! I love it! :)
Can you make an 8-bit cover of Toy Block Tower, my favourite level theme from the game? I can really appreciate that.

I had trouble with TBT. I had to make an edit because the regular level's pitch-bend for the lead was busted, so I had to use the credits' version, then splice them together. This splicing is the reason why it's so short-- I ain't doin' that 4 times. Here's the Big Board to make up for that.
(40 Below Fridge is really one of the only tunes that really lends itself to pure chiptune without a bunch of extra effort, imo)

Attachments

• The Big Board 8-bit.mp3
    4 MB · Views: 357
  • TBT others.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 294
Funnily enough, 40 Below Fridge has 4 tracks, the amount allowed on most NES songs. However, because of Polyphony getting involved, it would actually end up being around 7 tracks to accommodate all the sounds heard in the track.
...Maybe I should make one from scratch for extra authenticity...
Eh. Time will tell.

If you think you're in danger, well I'd have to concur! You'd better beware; he's the Silver Zephyr!

(This is the MIDI extracted straight from the game; tried to recreate Tenor Sax using combo of Romantic Trumpet and Wildflower Reed)

Edit: added a version that doesn't omit the intro, and as a bonus/compensation dealy, a version that sounds like another game that some of you may know of...

Attachments

• BGM_RIVAL.mp3
    868.7 KB · Views: 290
  • BGM_SB_02.mp3
    871.1 KB · Views: 294
  • BGM_OP_02.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 334
Last edited:
If you think you're in danger, well I'd have to concur! You'd better beware; he's the Silver Zephyr!

(This is the MIDI extracted straight from the game; tried to recreate Tenor Sax using combo of Romantic Trumpet and Wildflower Reed)

Isn't it terrifying? I'm terrified too.

Attachments

• BGM_BOSS_A.mp3
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 272
Got to love the Master of Disguise stuff. That game's genuinely underrated in the music department, and could have been great with a competent team working on it.

The Snowman Wario remix is certainly... something as well.

Got to love the Master of Disguise stuff. That game's genuinely underrated in the music department, and could have been great with a competent team working on it.

The Snowman Wario remix is certainly... something as well.
Perhaps this version will be more to your liking, then?

edit: Or perhaps this one, made just now

Attachments

• Snowman Wario_3.mp3
    787.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Snowman Wario_3 alt.mp3
    778.4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Sea Turtle Rock-- er, I mean, tHe TiDaL cOaSt, in the style of March of the Minis' beach world.

Attachments

• Turtle Rocks_3.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 294
Last edited:
(Listen to what it sounds like with the squares here-- it's the older version but it's still spoOoOky. Fun fact, all those weird extra noises you're hearing from the main channels are literally CAUSED by them. I used echo delay on them initially and got this really cool spooky effect. For that final version I just tried to spruce it up and make it fancy. I think I succeeded because it's 1 AM and I probably shouldn't be playing it back for myself right now but I am anyway)

Happy WAAlloween everybahdy

Attachments

• Foresst.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:
(Listen to what it sounds like with the squares here-- it's the older version but it's still spoOoOky. Fun fact, all those weird extra noises you're hearing from the main channels are literally CAUSED by them. I used echo delay on them initially and got this really cool spooky effect. For that final version I just tried to spruce it up and make it fancy. I think I succeeded because it's 1 AM and I probably shouldn't be playing it back for myself right now but I am anyway)

Happy WAAlloween everybahdy

Sounds rather creepypasta like. Like, something you'd see in a Sonic.exe esque game based on the Wario series.

That said, it also sounds a bit... well bland to be honest. Like, I get what you going for, but it doesn't really work as well as it could. It's like with Joke's End in Mario & Luigi... yes I get the creepy vibe they were aiming for, but it doesn't make the song any less repetitive.

The 40 Below Fridge MIDI is quite nice though.

Sounds rather creepypasta like. Like, something you'd see in a Sonic.exe esque game based on the Wario series.

That said, it also sounds a bit... well bland to be honest. Like, I get what you going for, but it doesn't really work as well as it could. It's like with Joke's End in Mario & Luigi... yes I get the creepy vibe they were aiming for, but it doesn't make the song any less repetitive.

The 40 Below Fridge MIDI is quite nice though.

To be fair that definitely had a lot to do with the original Forest of Fear being really terrible at being spooky. If you wanna complain about the song being repetitive, look no further than any ol' MP3 of FoF. Like I (think I) said, pretty good first attempt at somethin' spOoOky nonetheless

(Did you download the MP3 for 40 Below though, it has a special twist to it if you listen to the whole thing-- or, alternatively, you could watch it on YouTube, which I'll be editing my last post to link you to)

Last edited:
To be fair that definitely had a lot to do with the original Forest of Fear being really terrible at being spooky. If you wanna complain about the song being repetitive, look no further than any ol' MP3 of FoF. Like I (think I) said, pretty good first attempt at somethin' spOoOky nonetheless

Forest of Fear has always managed to make me feel really uncomfortable. It's repetetive, but that very fact in combination with its simplicity is what makes it so effective.

The inverse of that remix I did of MotM's Spooky Attic in the style of Wario Land 4: this time, it's Wario Land 4's Domino Row in the style of MotM :O
(Like with that remix, the base MIDI wasn't made by me, just fooled around with in SynthFont)

Attachments

• song666 (Domino Row MotM).mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Edit: accidentally posted this in the wrong forum; moving it over to that other forum

Last edited:
Back