Should Queen Merelda Return?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
In recent weeks, I've seen a few people talk about this character, and say how she could be a bigger part of the Wario Land series in future, kind of like Captain Syrup or Rudy the Clown was.

But do you think that's the case? Could the queen you rescue in Shake It become a major Wario Land character and reappear in future? Should she?

Or do you perhaps feel her characterisation isn't really good enough for that right now?

In recent weeks, I've seen a few people talk about this character, and say how she could be a bigger part of the Wario Land series in future, kind of like Captain Syrup or Rudy the Clown was.
Citation needed

On a serious note though, I do welcome the idea of Wario Land getting a more consistent supporting cast, but if they choose Merelda as a returning character then she really needs to have more to her then she had in Shake It, since she was pretty much just there for the sake of Wario being able to do a subversion of the ''safe the princess'' end goal.

Warelander sumed up my opinion for the most part.

I'll just add that if anyone from Shake It is gonna return why not the first green Merfle Wario meets, they have interactions in shake it so he'd make more sense, then by extension Queen Merelda can be there too.

I wouldn't be against her returning if they decide to flesh her out a bit more
like what the Mario team has done with Pauline in Odyssey, but really, even if they do flesh her out and make her more interesting then she was in Shake It, there are so many interesting and intruiging characters from the Wario Land series that I would much rather return and see again over her. (Captain Syrup, Dr Scienstein, Shake King, Rudy, Anyone from Wario World, etc)

Last edited:
I'm all for Merelda returning! Although like the others said, I'd rather see other Wario Land characters be fleshed out or make appearances first. Even out of Shake It, I'd rather see the Shake King and the Merfles come back first. But I hope everyone comes back, I'd love for Wario to have a semi-recurring cast similar to how Kirby is now, but of course with new villains and new interesting quirky characters being thrown into the cast!

Back