Should the Gold designs stay for future games?

I like Mona's first outfit (her two piece outfit) more than her Gold one, but maybe they made it more modest because it was too sexual or something. I guess I can understand that, but ehh I still think her old one suits her personality more.
I also don't like her new coat. It's not poofy enough. >:T It looks more like a lab coat than something meant to be plush and extravagant. Plus, she looks weird without a hat. Yeah, I'm really picky about this. XD
But yeah, I don't really like Gold's style that much. I mean, I don't hate it, but it would be nice if they could change it to an earlier one. :)

Also, I just realized I don't like Ashley's shoes. They seem too girly for her personality. Where are her boots?

Also, why does Penny look like she hasn't bathed since the previous game?

I actualy like Penny's messy hair. Fits with her scatterbrained, doesn't-think-of-the-consequences personallity methinks.

I do like some aspects of the redesigns (such as Ashley's bangs being swept in different directions and her twintails curling upwards) but I do hope they improve the draughtmanship (too thick outlines, having some actual variations in line weights... etc) going forward.

I like Mona's first outfit (her two piece outfit) more than her Gold one, but maybe they made it more modest because it was too sexual or something. I guess I can understand that, but ehh I still think her old one suits her personality more.
I also don't like her new coat. It's not poofy enough. >:T It looks more like a lab coat than something meant to be plush and extravagant. Plus, she looks weird without a hat. Yeah, I'm really picky about this. XD
But yeah, I don't really like Gold's style that much. I mean, I don't hate it, but it would be nice if they could change it to an earlier one. :)

Also, I just realized I don't like Ashley's shoes. They seem too girly for her personality. Where are her boots?

You mean, how Mona looks in the intro of her story, for example?
Yeah, I can agree with that.

Also, why does she have a less cool helmet now? The original one looks much better. ohgodimsad:

fffffffUCK NO. I want the original 2003 style back, that was off the chain and so deliciously Wario.

For one thing, Wario is the only guy that looks like an actual Wario character anymore. Now everybody else just looks like a Rhythm Heaven knockoff.
Where are Mona's extravagant furs, Nintendo? And Jimmy T's bodacious lips, baby?
5-Volt is cute as fuck though, I wanna give her a hug.

I like the older style, and I'd especially prefer it if Wario went back to his old design. I'm getting used to the new one, but it still frightens (?) me when I see a direct comparison. I also miss Orbulon's tallness and boots.
On the other hand, I actually really like geometric redesign of Dribble and Spitz—not more than the original, but it's something I'd be on board for if they made everything consistent to that geometric style in future releases.
As many have said before me, I wouldn't be upset if they continued using this style, but there are improvements I'd like to see if they don't revert.
Now everybody else just looks like a Rhythm Heaven knockoff.
I also feel this. The removal of the original style lost... well.... the WarioWare style. Some characters survive on being recognizable from their basics, but even then there's a bit of a spark lost.

Combine the best aspects of both
Something like this for example...?
composite_penny_50.png

DjQQKYnV4AA2Wxz.png

Yeah, something like this could work if done right.
Penny edit by me and Ashley edit made by ThAshleyChannel (I think, he was the one that originally posted it on the Discord, so I'll assume he made it).

Last edited:
It's still hard for me to adjust to Penny's blue eyes. I think it's just because I liked her brown eyes better though.

It's still hard for me to adjust to Penny's blue eyes. I think it's just because I liked her brown eyes better though.
I generally don't get why Penny, Kat and Ana have different eye colors now (they pretty much swapped them), it's a very strange design change, especially when Mona and Ashley still have their old eye colors.

I don't mind the eye color changes per (In fact, I actually quite like Penny having blue eyes), but it was definitely a strange and random design choice and I'm curious as to why exactly the change was made. Especially as early test footage originally featured Penny with brown eyes, clearly making it a possible last minute change. (At least, in Penny's case, don't know about Kat and Ana.)

For now though, I'm gonna assume either Ko Takeuchi simply liked the newer eye colors or thought they worked better for whatever reason or someone within Intelligent Systems or Nintendo suggested them to be changed and he agreed to it.

Last edited:
I actually like Gold design a little bit more then the old designs because Mona ,Kat & Ana big amine eyes are gone which I like because Kat & Ana amine eyes just look like Kat & Ana are adult with small body which just look weird in my opinion.

I loved the original style but I also have a soft spot for the Gold designs. If anything I draw WarioWare Characters the based on what gets me comfy
ex: Cricket's mainly in his original design but I added a mullet like in Gold.

I generally don't get why Penny, Kat and Ana have different eye colors now (they pretty much swapped them), it's a very strange design change, especially when Mona and Ashley still have their old eye colors.

I don't mind the eye color changes per (In fact, I actually quite like Penny having blue eyes), but it was definitely a strange and random design choice and I'm curious as to why exactly the change was made. Especially as early test footage originally featured Penny with brown eyes, clearly making the swap a possible last minute change. (At least, in Penny's case, don't know about Kat and Ana.)

While I like Penny's blue eyes, I think the old design was better because her brown eyes somehow looked better with the reddish hair. But then again, Mona has red hair too and still had blue eyes from the very beginning, so maybe I'm being too nitpicky here.

Back