ShoutBox Problems

There needs to be a area where people can "let loose" more than just the social section, it can even be a subforum there. Laxed rules and the people who wish to be silly can post more often.

Okay, it's now at the bottom of the page, so it's less of a distraction for anyone entering the forum.

But I'm gonna think about what to do with the shoutbox in general today. Seems like this topic just causes so much drama that I worry the forum won't survive it unless things change.

I think you are all forgetting the most obvious solution to this "tension".

Next time people start bickering,...
SETTLE IT IN SMASH!!!

*Smash Bros WiiU theme* Daaaaaaaa dadadaaaaa dadadaaaaaa dadada da da daaaa dadada da da daaaaa~~~~

giphy.gif

These forums won't grow until something Wario related gets annouced. all it's going to be is just talking about the same shit until Nintendo offically says something.

Not true, this forum has grown without there being any real Wario news. Anyone who likes Wario in general, and wants to find a new forum to be a part of, could come here. Its how I ended up here : p Can we actually say the shoutbox is really bring in new members? I mean have we really had a surge of nee members signing up since the shoutbox?

Also, the new members post on the shoutbox instead of the forum because thats where all the activity is : p Get the forums active again and others will post : p

Anywho, the people who want to keep the chat, why not just start your own skype group? That way they can still have the chat, and even invite others from the forum they like. I do think that the shoutbox is killing the forum btw, nothing is happening on the forum now.

I came here to be a part of a forum, not for a chat room : p

Not true, this forum has grown without there being any real Wario news. Anyone who likes Wario in general, and wants to find a new forum to be a part of, could come here. Its how I ended up here : p Can we actually say the shoutbox is really bring in new members? I mean have we really had a surge of nee members signing up since the shoutbox?

Also, the new members post on the shoutbox instead of the forum because thats where all the activity is : p Get the forums active again and others will post : p

Anywho, the people who want to keep the chat, why not just start your own skype group? That way they can still have the chat, and even invite others from the forum they like. I do think that the shoutbox is killing the forum btw, nothing is happening on the forum now.

I came here to be a part of a forum, not for a chat room : p
That was yesterday, MonaWare. I've changed my mindset to a more neutral stance since then. Now i want to try and find a compromise that'll hopefully make both parties happy.

That was yesterday, MonaWare. I've changed my mindset to a more neutral stance since then. Now i want to try and find a compromise that'll hopefully make both parties happy.

As a member of the forum I should be allowed to voice my opinion on the issue just as much as you, it wasnt a "you need to change your opinion" post, I merely brought up a point you made and argued it. Its not personally about you, but more about those who claim that new members only come for the shoutbox, the forum is inactive cuz no Wario, ect.

(these comments have been made in the past many times : p)

Maybe having a shortcut to it's page instead of having it out front would be a nice compromise.
That way it's kept for people who want it to stay, but it's also not out front getting too much attention from the forums. (I don't know, i'm just spitballing here.)

I was on another forum where they had this, actually. It was great too, cuz like it helped divide up those who wanted to participate on a forum, and those who just liked chatting with each other about whatever : p It kept the two groups happy there, I think this is a really good idea.

(Sorry for the double post, just got to this)

I gotta ask, since I wasn't there, was the "fighting" really as bad as people are making it sound or was it really just some immature bickering and catty squabbles?
Or even -GASP- people disagreeing with each other!?!?!
Golden Gasp.png

Cuz if it was just that then I'm really not concerned. Come on, people. Be Adults about this.

On the other hand, apparently someone left the forums altogether because of it.. so... geez, what did y'all do? :S:U:

I gotta ask, since I wasn't there, was the "fighting" really as bad as people are making it sound or was it really just some immature bickering and catty squabbles?
Or even -GASP- people disagreeing with each other!?!?! View attachment 3244

Cuz if it was just that then I'm really not concerned. Come on, people. Be Adults about this.

On the other hand, apparently someone left the forums altogether because of it.. so... geez, what did y'all do? :S:U:

Yes. The sometimes quiet, but friendly and sensible Hex Scout. He joined early last year when I did, and was a great addition to these forums. Sadly, we've lost him to some petty dispute I didn't witness (he never used the ShoutBox, so I can't pinpoint what was said precisely that drove him away for good).

Heheh. Yes, I could have worded that better. As you say, he may return. He hasn't closed his account.
I always make a habit of not growing too attached to people online, in case that sort of thing happens.

As a heads up as someone who's participated in many forums, you can't force people to be active on the forum, and if people are being active somewhere on the site, that's still a good thing. Taking away the shoutbox won't exactly make this place more active.

In fact, it might do the opposite.

Perhaps a move to Discord is a solution for both parties? It stays off the site directly, but can be ran with proper moderation tools and it curbs the fighting aspect people were arguing and promotes better discussion. It seems people in the shoutbox are for this. Read from bottom to top.

A moment ago - Glowsquid: discord is a vastly superior client in every way
A moment ago - BlueJackG: I'm totally fine with discord, that could be a great proposal to place
A moment ago - Juan "Shantae" Schwartz: Sounds like a good idea, honestly
A moment ago - DanTH400: So looks like Discord is a good option, maybe i'll try it someday.
A moment ago - TB100: Discord approves.
A moment ago - Dark 9-Volt: Oh....Discord.....i tried once..
A moment ago - Kokonoe: It's a chat program that can work with web browser or as an app. It has avatars too and is very convenient
A moment ago - Glowsquid: i love discord
A moment ago - Glowsquid: a discord would be Nice
A moment ago - BlueJackG: But we need to share the group in a thread, as it's related to the forums
A moment ago - DanTH400: I have no idea what is Discord, i'll search it.
A moment ago - Juan "Shantae" Schwartz: and ShaeShae images too?
1 minute ago - Ninja_Cat: But can we post Taytay images there? lol jk
1 minute ago - BlueJackG: I agree with discord
1 minute ago - TB100: We can only wait and see.
1 minute ago - Ashley Channel: Yes, on Discord we can assign our own mods
1 minute ago - TB100: We don't know yet.
2 minutes ago - Kokonoe: Side topic, but perhaps the Shoutbox could be replaced with Discord for better customization and moderation?

Excuse the double post this one time, felt this should be separate from my previous post.

Last edited:
Or even -GASP- people disagreeing with each other!?!?! View attachment 3244

The fighting was stupid but it essentially consumed the entire ShoutBox and as noted there was the quarrel between Hex and TB100.

Back