Six Wario characters in a Smash Bros game?

Realistically speaking, It'll probably be Wario and Ashley to REP the Warioware series, there's no huge need for six characters. I think Fire emblem only got as much characters as it did was to sale the game?

It was only supposed to be Marth, Ike and Robin. Female Marth was only in because they had enough time make her in, Roy was due to high demand and Corrin...I dunno, probably to sale FE : Fates.

I'm not sure Warioware has enough good fighters, like Ashley has magic going for her, yeah? Mona can throw pizza I guess, use all the jobs she had. The rest I'm not sure about.

I wish the roster was like this:
dream_smash_bros__roster_by_hoppybadbunny-d2ybcfz.jpg

Every time there's a discussion about who to include in Smash it's always characters from a franchise that already has characters in the game.

I rather add more characters from series that aren't on the roster yet. Give me Starfy, Barbara the Bat, Chibi-Robo, Takamaru, Donbe & Hikari, Andy (from Advance Wars) before another Wario character.

Nintendo has such a diverse list of endless IP. Why limit yourself to just a few?

Are half of them really from Nintendo, though? There's the second-party issue with ones like Chibi-Robo and Starfy.

And how many people knew about Donbe & Hikari beyond their Melee trophy? Also, pretty sure Takamaru is barely recognized in Japan.

Last edited:
Every time there's a discussion about who to include in Smash it's always characters from a franchise that already has characters in the game.

In case you've forgotten the title is Six Wario characters in smash, that's why we're discussing Wario reps, not your Andys and whatnots. I'm for sure about Ashley being in the next Smash bros, even if there's only one new character it's Ashley.

Are half of them really from Nintendo, though? There's the second-party issue with ones like Chibi-Robo and Starfy.
If Cloud can be in Smash Bros. anyone can. I don't see why being a second party would be an issue at all. I mean, isn't Pokemon second party too? MDog made up this rule and he's been wrong before.

I dunno about you, but I don't want each and every IP getting a character, would if that's too much work and decide lower-IP's don't get a rep! That means no Ashley in Smash bros 5. But she's a sure in, but lower chances with all these bums getting into smash!

Limit ourselves to just a few!!!! :3

There aren't that many great Nintendo characters left to add anyway. We're at the point where if we were to add new characters to Smash 5 they'd have to be ones that aren't as popular. Might as well give them some love.

I mean look at Ice Climbers. Before Melee nobody cared about those guys. Now we have people who love them.

Because Sakurai already done this:

And it was one of the most heavily critcized things he did.

I mean look at Ice Climbers. Before Melee nobody cared about those guys. Now we have people who love them.
Eh, part of me is glad that they're out.

Nintendo has never treated their game as significant in any way, they never get cameos in other Nintendo games, and Duck Hunt honestly does a much better job at being the token "NES character".

The problem is that most people keep adding arbitrary rules to Smash. It barely has any solid ones to speak of.

Ice Climbers
Nintendo doesn't really care about the IP itself tho. There's still only one game. On the NES. ...which isn't even that good (seriously, the controls are shit and you keep falling through platforms)
They haven't even made like a small $10 eShop remake or something. Nothing. People only care because they were in smash.

Honestly, I really wish they did make an eShop title for Ice Climber. Y'know, because people actually care about them after Melee, and also so that we can have an Ice Climber game with decent gameplay.

This reminds me of how the Ice Climbers didn't get much of a reaction when Melee's intro was shown at E3 2001.

If Cloud can be in Smash Bros. anyone can. I don't see why being a second party would be an issue at all. I mean, isn't Pokemon second party too? MDog made up this rule and he's been wrong before.
But even then, dealing with the Pokemon Company was tough for Smash.

Six Wario characters in Smash? I'll give my thought on the matter.

• -Wario
    -Ashley
    -Dr.Ashley
    -Dark Ashley
    -Toon Ashley
    -Red

Back