Smash3ds impressions so far

warelander

Some random guy online
Since Wario in smash is a very heated topic at the moment, I figured that we could use a thread for general impressions so far.
As for me: I don't think this game lives up to it's hype

Positives (for me personally)
-I do like some of the newcomers Megaman, Pacman, Palutena, Duck hunt and the Koopalings (not jr thought)
-The soundtrack so far is amazing(that Wily 1 remix <3)!
-The trophys are a lot better than they were in brawl
-That Magicant stage <3
-The battle mechanics still look solid as ever.

Negatives
-Wario, just Wario...
-Some Franchises are getting insultingly sidelined Metroid, Donkey Kong, Wario and Star Fox come to mind...
-No Ice climbers what???
-Most of the stages don't seem very intersting, the Paper Mario one in particular just screams weasted potential...
-No story mode
-Kid Icarus favoritism and that's coming from some one adores uprising...

The game doesn't look bad and I won't judge it until I get to play it myself, but a lot of things about it so far, don't click with me...

Yeah, having no story mode was really disappointing. I liked Brawl's story mode and Sakurai's reason to remove it was really stupid.

Also, not sure if this is true but I heard there were only two songs per stage...
That can't be right! ...can it? D:

And yes. Wario. Just.... Wario so much... :(

Being a Smash Bros. fan who's been obsessed with the game for almost three years now, I'm most likely going to like it no matter what (I already have seventeen hours logged into the demo).

I mean, the roster is absolutely huge! The newcomers are excellent (Duck Hunt Doooooogggg), the items are fantastic, and did I mention the roster? It's got such a great selection!

This will be the best Smash Bros. of them all. I don't care what anyone says about Melee's wavedashing and fast-paced gameplay... Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U will be an absolutely fantastic game. I could go into more detail here, but that would just end up being a wall of text.

And, you know, despite how big of a Wario fan I am, I'm not going to despise the game over one stupid little thing. Sure, maybe he is a pretty bad representation of Wario, but come on, that's no good reason to hate the game completely!

I'm not gonna lie, though... No K. Rool or ANY kind of new DK representation hurts really badly for Donkey Kong Country fans like me.

Being a Smash Bros. fan who's been obsessed with the game for almost three years now, I'm most likely going to like it no matter what (I already have seventeen hours logged into the demo).

I mean, the roster is absolutely huge! The newcomers are excellent (Duck Hunt Doooooogggg), the items are fantastic, and did I mention the roster? It's got such a great selection!

This will be the best Smash Bros. of them all. I don't care what anyone says about Melee's wavedashing and fast-paced gameplay... Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U will be an absolutely fantastic game. I could go into more detail here, but that would just end up being a wall of text.

And, you know, despite how big of a Wario fan I am, I'm not going to despise the game over one stupid little thing. Sure, maybe he is a pretty bad representation of Wario, but come on, that's no good reason to hate the game completely!

I'm not gonna lie, though... No K. Rool or ANY kind of new DK representation hurts really badly for Donkey Kong Country fans like me.
That was a great post, shining light on the positive parts! Thank you for that!

I don't despise the game either, I am just not as invested in smash as a series as you are, so the franchises that I care about, have tho do the trick for me...

Positives
  • Classic mode has branching paths (Red being the hardest)
  • New Boss
  • New characters (Mega Man is my fave in the demo)
  • Music (Smiles and Tears, Airman Stage, Rogueport, Gerudo Valley remix, Melee ver. 2 remix)
  • Custom movesets
  • New/improved modes like Smash Run and Home Run Contest
  • Tons of content (8 skins per every character but Little Mac
  • Buffs on characters
  • More balanced than any other
  • Adaptable controls
  • Stronger (but still beatable) Level 9 CPUs
  • Better stages (competitively too) like SNES F-Zero and Magicant
Negatives
  • In the roster more characters are in bigger, more popular franchises and vice versa for smaller franchises with less games (Kid Icarus being an exception because Sakurai worked on Uprising)
  • Too many Mario stages (perhaps because of the roster).
  • Cut characters (Ice Climbers because of hardware limitations which I could see as how could you have 8 characters controlled by a CPU esp. level 9 ones)
  • People complaining about clones.
  • I can't shorthop well.

I FRIKKIN LIKE THIS GAME

despite not owning it

The only negatives I have seen are Wario's moveset (although I like how Wario plays) and no Story Mode

Back