[Fan Content] Super Wario Land [Fan-game]

Tbh 2 years to create a demo isn't exactly much progress. I coded a full 45-minute game at 14 in visual basic within a month and that was during the school year.

Eh, the amount of time it takes to create a game depends significantly on the game and its level of ambition.

Cuphead took 7 years. Breath of the Wild took about five or six years. And numerous games took more than 10 years.

Some much more in fact. Like this one which apparently spent 13 years in development:

Duke Nukem Forever took about 14 years. At least one Doom mod started development before Duke Nukem Forever, and (as far as I can tell), is still in development years later. Will Star Citizen or Dwarf Fortress ever get finished?

Plus, as @WwwWario says, if you've got less time to work on something, it takes forever. I'm 100% guilty of that one... both my current projects have taken way longer than they should have simply due to me having no interest to work every day after 8 hours of work and 2 hours commuting.

I wonder if Ashley or other familiar faces will be in this game...Anyways, can't wait to see how this game of yours turns out. Maybe I'll give it a try when it comes out. I used to play all sort of Nintend0-fan games, I loved the Mario ones the most. Well, good luck.
Are you just saying this because you wanna see Ashley in the game.?

HgZD8t6.png
Yawns Just gonna leave this here...runs away
Were you just doing that because Ashley is unplayable in this game?

s
Hey everybody!

This is a thread for a fan-game that I'm currently helping with. Scroll down for more info.
super_wario_land__temp__name__logo_by_gameonion-d9skwq7.png

What is this game?
This Wario Land-game is 100% fan-made. Nothing official. It will be free to download. It's not a ROM-hack. No demo yet. Okay? Okay. The game is being made in Multimedia Fusion 2.

Comparing this game to other Wario-games is hard. Imagine this game being like an open world Wario Land-game, along the lines of Super Mario 64... in 2D. Exploration is a huge factor in this game: While exploring, you can find various things. Soundtrack CDs for the sound test, money to buy items in the shop, heart-crystals (which give you extra hearts, kinda like Zelda's heart containers), costumes (more on that later) and various other things!

The health-system is just like the one found in Wario Land 4: You have hearts, and you can fill them by either finding more hearts or collecting these red orbs dropped by enemies. You start out the game with 3 hearts, but you can find heart-crystals to get more hearts.

Costumes can be switched at will. They don't work like transformations at all. Different transformations have different abbilities. I won't list them here right now, but there are a lot.

-----

Is this game done yet? If no, what's the progress?

Short answer: No, the game is not done yet.
There isn't a demo yet either.

That doesn't mean that we don't have anything to show though, we have a working build in our greedy, slimey developer hands RIGHT NOW! The problem? It's not done yet and there are bugs to be fixed. Depressing, we know... *sigh*

-----

Team-Members

Programmers

WwwWario (Lead Programmer)

Graphic-Artists

gameonion (HUD, Logo-Artist)

Spriters

BRIE (Main-Spriter)
WwwWario

Musicians

Alex Naveira / Bauerklos

Level Designers

WwwWario
gameonion
BRIE

Testers

All development team-members
TheDaKoopa

If you wanna join, we're currently searching for spriters that know how to animate.

-----

Screenshots, Videos, etc.

Short, low quality gameplay by TheDaKoopa 1 2
Check Alex Naveira's channel regularily for soundtrack-uploads.

-----​

If there are any questions you want to ask, feel free to do so!
well is this game still alive?

"Still working on it" except not really kind of. I mean it's not a knock on him, we all have personal projects we may end up just losing interest in. I almost feel bad, like we're pressuring him to feel obligated to finish this project he might not feel passion for anymore.

Hey everybody!

This is a thread for a fan-game that I'm currently helping with. Scroll down for more info.

What is this game?
This Wario Land-game is 100% fan-made. Nothing official. It will be free to download. It's not a ROM-hack. No demo yet. Okay? Okay. The game is being made in Multimedia Fusion 2.

Comparing this game to other Wario-games is hard. Imagine this game being like an open world Wario Land-game, along the lines of Super Mario 64... in 2D. Exploration is a huge factor in this game: While exploring, you can find various things. Soundtrack CDs for the sound test, money to buy items in the shop, heart-crystals (which give you extra hearts, kinda like Zelda's heart containers), costumes (more on that later) and various other things!

The health-system is just like the one found in Wario Land 4: You have hearts, and you can fill them by either finding more hearts or collecting these red orbs dropped by enemies. You start out the game with 3 hearts, but you can find heart-crystals to get more hearts.

Costumes can be switched at will. They don't work like transformations at all. Different transformations have different abbilities. I won't list them here right now, but there are a lot.

-----

That doesn't mean that we don't have anything to show though, we have a working build in our greedy, slimey developer hands RIGHT NOW! The problem? It's not done yet and there are bugs to be fixed. Depressing, we know... *sigh*

-----

Team-Members

Programmers

Graphic-Artists

Spriters

BRIE (Main-Spriter)
WwwWario

Musicians

Alex Naveira / Bauerklos

Level Designers

WwwWario
gameonion
BRIE

Testers

TheDaKoopa

If you wanna join, we're currently searching for spriters that know how to animate.

-----

-----​

Hey everybody!

What is this game?

-----

-----

Team-Members

Programmers

Graphic-Artists

Spriters

BRIE (Main-Spriter)
WwwWario

Musicians

Alex Naveira / Bauerklos

Level Designers

WwwWario
gameonion
BRIE

Testers

TheDaKoopa

-----

-----​

yet the question is
will Waluigi be in it?

This looks and sounds very nice! I'm sad to see it's been four years since this thread was made however. Is this project still being worked on or is it abandoned..

This looks and sounds very nice! I'm sad to see it's been four years since this thread was made however. Is this project still being worked on or is it abandoned..

Hmm I'm not sure. I'd say it's probably abandoned by now though, unfortunately.

Back