The crouch jump

Wario can jump while he is ducking/crouching. I've been using this mechanic in 3 wario land games, it's so natural to me. And then I see other gamesrs who can't figure out you can do that. Or once they do figure it out, they find the mechanic weird. What's so weird about it? Why is it so hard to figure out for a lot of people?

Well I think it is very similar to the high jump in SMB2 (USA). When you play as Toad you jump short so sure you think the game is impossible, but while you're crouching you change color so you would notice something about it. I think that is pretty creative having the player learn on their own how to do certain things and the crouch jump is an example (unless I'm wrong an it is in the tutorials however you still have to find the tutorials too). I think it shouldn't be that hard to find out.

The crouch jump has the best sprite in Wario Land 4. Just saying.

I dont get why people think its weird, in every Mario game you can also do it soooo....

The crouch jump has the best sprite in Wario Land 4. Just saying.

I dont get why people think its weird, in every Mario game you can also do it soooo....

Well, most people didn't try to do it in Mario games.
And unlike Wario, Mario can't use it to get into 1-tile gaps. tested it myself by messing around in Lunar Magic (the Super Mario World editor) and they way the Super Mario World engine works, Mario just can't fit into a tile gap while crouch jump falling next to it...

I hard people saying that in most platformers thought, you can't actually jump while crouching. Is this true?

Back